Aug 24, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He jumped back into the mix in the 11th inning of a tie game.
Aug 23, 2015, 12:47 PM EDT
Glen Perkins was diagnosed Wednesday with a bulging disk in his neck — an injury that had been bothering him for six weeks — but the 32-year-old closer got a cortisone shot and is suddenly looking like a good bet to avoid the disabled list.
Aug 19, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Things could get very ugly in Minnesota’s bullpen.
Jul 25, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez hit three home runs to help the Yankees take down the Twins on Saturday.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
Jun 25, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Meyer was moved to the bullpen at Triple-A one month ago.
Jun 23, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
Everyday Eddie Guardado may need to take a day off today.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 5, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s box scores and recaps…
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 27, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
Crazy things are happening in Minnesota.
Apr 17, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Duensing had an ugly outing Thursday in which he turned a blowout into a save situation for closer Glen Perkins.
Apr 1, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
Are we there yet?
Mar 27, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The Twins reportedly have a bit of interest in free agent reliever Rafael Soriano.
Mar 20, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Perkins’ comeback from last season’s September arm problems has been delayed by an oblique strain.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Since shifting to the bullpen full time in 2011 the Minnesota native has a 2.74 ERA and 286/63 K/BB ratio in 256 innings.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Sep 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
For a few years there, I saw it as my personal mission to the spread the gospel of Ron Gardenhire.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Glen Perkins tried to tough out an injury and it didn’t go so well, but he seems to have learned his lesson.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Perkins, who had a 2.44 ERA as recently as August 25, finishes the season with a 3.65 ERA and 66/11 K/BB ratio in 62 innings while saving 34 games.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Perkins had a 2.44 ERA with just two homers allowed and a 64/9 K/BB ratio in his first 55 innings, but in his last eight appearances he’s given up 10 runs–including five homers–in 6.1 innings for a 14.21 ERA and .429 opponents’ batting average.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Jul 15, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
A rocky start, a grooved pitch, a fond farewell and the granting of home field advantage in the World Series to the Junior Circuit.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
MINNEAPOLIS — The most remarkable and wonderful part about the Pat Neshek story is that it isn’t one story. It is 10 different stories going over top of each other like different children’s hands working their way up the handle of a baseball bat in that game to decide who hits first. When Neshek starts crying…
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)