Jul 19, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
Gillaspie served as Chicago’s starting third baseman for much of the first half, but he entered play Sunday with a brutal .237/.276/.364 batting line.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 21, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Gordon Beckham now has walk-off hits on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
Jan 28, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
Gordon Beckham played the first five-and-a-half years of his career for the White Sox before being traded to the Angels in August.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Dec 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Beckham batted .268 with two home runs and a .758 OPS in 61 plate appearances with the Angels down the stretch.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Angels second baseman Howie Kendrick is drawing some trade interest.
Nov 6, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Kendrick hit .293 with seven homers and a .744 OPS in 157 games this season.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
The Angels are expected to address their pitching needs by making Howie Kendrick or David Freese available in a trade.
Oct 11, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The White Sox have a good problem: they have too many second basemen.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Some guys are star struck.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:42 PM EDT
Beckham had a very promising rookie season as a 22-year-old in 2009, but the former first-round draft pick has hit just .240 with a .658 OPS in 636 games since then while never topping a .700 OPS in a season.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and Rick Hahn already has his poker face on.
Jul 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Watch as Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton battles the rain to rob White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham of a first-inning solo home run Wednesday night in Chicago …
Jun 25, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Robin Ventura doesn’t speak out a lot so Adam Eaton knows when he does he should listen.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EDT
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
With a glut of second base candidates available to the White Sox, Gordon Beckham could be the odd man out.
Apr 3, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
After an oblique injury landed Gordon Beckham on the DL to begin the year, he’s ready to begin a minor league rehab assignment.
Mar 15, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
According to Scott Merkin of MLB.com, the White Sox announced this afternoon that second baseman Gordon Beckham has suffered a strained left oblique and will be shut down from baseball activities for seven days. We’re about two weeks away from the start of the regular season, so Beckham will have to make quick progress to…
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)