Jun 15, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Released by the Phillies two weeks ago.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Once among the best all-around players in baseball, Sizemore’s career was wrecked by injuries.
May 29, 2015, 2:31 PM EDT
Sizemore hit just .250 with three homers and a .657 OPS in 99 games for the Phillies.
May 29, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Asche spent about three weeks in the minors.
Apr 28, 2015, 1:42 PM EDT
The former All-Star and former prospect is back in the bush leagues.
Apr 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Power hitter extraordinaire Ben Revere walked the Phillies off in an exhibition game against the Pirates on Friday night.
Mar 30, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Mar 29, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg shook up his outfield a bit on Sunday, announcing that Ben Revere would be moving to left field.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 23, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Sizemore’s numbers in Philadelphia were nothing special and for the season overall he hit just .233 with five homers and a .654 OPS in 112 games.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Last season Domonic Brown was an All-Star for the Phillies, hitting .272 with 27 homers and an .818 OPS to finally break through at age 25 after years as a top prospect in waiting.
Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Eric Campbell stole home against the Phillies, helping the Mets improve to 12-5 against their NL East rival this season.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
For the second week in a row, Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg began his Sunday at the ballpark by having a meeting with an unhappy player. This time, actually, it was two players.
Aug 24, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
It’s a pretty common thing for starting pitchers to disapprove when they’re removed somewhat early from games, but these comments from Phillies right-hander David Buchanan feel especially pointed …
Aug 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Phillies GM Ruben Amaro thinks oft-injured veteran outfielder Grady Sizemore could be a part of the team’s rebuilding effort.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
A good day for Clayton Kershaw. A bad day for Cliff Lee, Tyler Skaggs and Eric Hosmer.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Jul 11, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s usual center fielder and leadoff man, Ben Revere, is out of the starting lineup for the second straight game because of an ankle injury.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore was released by the Red Sox last month, but he’s getting another chance with the Phillies.
Jul 8, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
“Hey, listen, I’m looking for people who can swing the bat because we’re not doing it here.”
Jul 8, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Francisco Liriano’s first minor-league rehab start may end up being his last minor-league rehab start, because the Pirates left-hander was dominant last night at Triple-A.
Jun 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Released by the Red Sox last week, outfielder Grady Sizemore has agreed to a minor-league deal with the Phillies.
Jun 20, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Things went south quickly for Grady Sizemore after he made his return to the big leagues in April following a two-year absence. The Red Sox recently released him, but Sizemore is drawing interest from several teams, including the Phillies.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (108)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)