Jul 22, 2015, 7:35 AM EDT
It was a big night for slugging catchers, Kyle Schwarber chief among them.
Jul 18, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Lorenzo Cain showed some power in the 13th inning to help the Royals overcome the White Sox.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 7, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
That covers both of his suspensions, actually. Herrera had a busy April.
May 6, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Two years ago Hochevar a 1.92 ERA and 82/17 K/BB ratio in 70 innings.
May 5, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Kansas City’s bullpen has an MLB-best 1.00 ERA this season.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
Greg Holland has been one of the game’s best relievers dating back to 2011, but the Royals will have to make due without him for a little while.
Mar 19, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Why doesn’t anyone believe in the defending American League champions?
Feb 13, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Holland requested $9 million and the Royals countered at $6.65 million.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 29, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
The Blue Jays also have free agent closer Francisco Rodriguez on their radar.
Dec 6, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Hochevar, who signed a new two-year, $10 million deal with the Royals this week, missed the entire 2014 season following Tommy John surgery.
Nov 30, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon has been among the best closers in the game but the Phillies are generating very little trade interest in the right-hander.
Nov 3, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
It’ll cost them $7 million for 2015. I think they’re cool with that.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Former big leaguer C.J. Nitkowski argues that the Royals should trade closer Greg Holland.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
A postseason legend is born
Oct 29, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner gets the win. And becomes a legend.
Oct 28, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
As well he should.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
Oct 26, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
The Giants scored 10 unanswered runs against the Royals en route to an 11-4 win in Game 4 of the World Series. The series is now tied at 2-2 going into Sunday’s Game 5.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
The Royals’ bullpen was solid, allowing only two base runners in four innings to preserve Jeremy Guthrie’s win in Game 3 of the World Series against the Giants.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Royals bullpen is really good. So good, in fact, that you can’t really use it incorrectly, Joe Posnanski writes.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:26 AM EDT
‘Tis the season of overanalysis.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)