Apr 18, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
Greg Holland has been one of the game’s best relievers dating back to 2011, but the Royals will have to make due without him for a little while.
Mar 19, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Why doesn’t anyone believe in the defending American League champions?
Feb 13, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Holland requested $9 million and the Royals countered at $6.65 million.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 29, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
The Blue Jays also have free agent closer Francisco Rodriguez on their radar.
Dec 6, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Hochevar, who signed a new two-year, $10 million deal with the Royals this week, missed the entire 2014 season following Tommy John surgery.
Nov 30, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon has been among the best closers in the game but the Phillies are generating very little trade interest in the right-hander.
Nov 3, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
It’ll cost them $7 million for 2015. I think they’re cool with that.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Former big leaguer C.J. Nitkowski argues that the Royals should trade closer Greg Holland.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
A postseason legend is born
Oct 29, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner gets the win. And becomes a legend.
Oct 28, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
As well he should.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
Oct 26, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
The Giants scored 10 unanswered runs against the Royals en route to an 11-4 win in Game 4 of the World Series. The series is now tied at 2-2 going into Sunday’s Game 5.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
The Royals’ bullpen was solid, allowing only two base runners in four innings to preserve Jeremy Guthrie’s win in Game 3 of the World Series against the Giants.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Royals bullpen is really good. So good, in fact, that you can’t really use it incorrectly, Joe Posnanski writes.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:26 AM EDT
‘Tis the season of overanalysis.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura held the Giants to two runs over five-plus innings and the Kansas City offense awoke for seven runs on 10 hits as the Royals evened up the 2014 World Series at a win apiece with a 7-2 Game 2 victory on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
The host Royals have the visiting Giants right where they want them in Game 2 of the World Series.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
Major League Baseball announced in April that two new regular-season awards would be handed out every year, going to the top reliever in each league. The NL’s award was named after Trevor Hoffman and the AL’s was named after Mariano Rivera. Here, via MLB’s Twitter account, are the first recipients …
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski looks at where they came from and just how dominant they’ve been.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
The Royals are winners again. That word Buck loathed, that word “unbelievable,” lost some ground.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)