Dec 6, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Hochevar, who signed a new two-year, $10 million deal with the Royals this week, missed the entire 2014 season following Tommy John surgery.
Nov 30, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Jonathan Papelbon has been among the best closers in the game but the Phillies are generating very little trade interest in the right-hander.
Nov 3, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
It’ll cost them $7 million for 2015. I think they’re cool with that.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Former big leaguer C.J. Nitkowski argues that the Royals should trade closer Greg Holland.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 PM EST
A postseason legend is born
Oct 29, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner gets the win. And becomes a legend.
Oct 28, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
As well he should.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
Oct 26, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
The Giants scored 10 unanswered runs against the Royals en route to an 11-4 win in Game 4 of the World Series. The series is now tied at 2-2 going into Sunday’s Game 5.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 PM EST
The Royals’ bullpen was solid, allowing only two base runners in four innings to preserve Jeremy Guthrie’s win in Game 3 of the World Series against the Giants.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Royals bullpen is really good. So good, in fact, that you can’t really use it incorrectly, Joe Posnanski writes.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:26 AM EST
‘Tis the season of overanalysis.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 PM EST
Yordano Ventura held the Giants to two runs over five-plus innings and the Kansas City offense awoke for seven runs on 10 hits as the Royals evened up the 2014 World Series at a win apiece with a 7-2 Game 2 victory on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
The host Royals have the visiting Giants right where they want them in Game 2 of the World Series.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:03 PM EST
Major League Baseball announced in April that two new regular-season awards would be handed out every year, going to the top reliever in each league. The NL’s award was named after Trevor Hoffman and the AL’s was named after Mariano Rivera. Here, via MLB’s Twitter account, are the first recipients …
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Joe Posnanski looks at where they came from and just how dominant they’ve been.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EST
The Royals are winners again. That word Buck loathed, that word “unbelievable,” lost some ground.
Oct 15, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
Ned Yost’s team is going to the World Series. Ned Yost’s team. Ned Yost…
Oct 15, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
They swept the 98-win Angels and they swept the 96-win Orioles.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:38 AM EST
Four-game winning streaks happen all of the time, right?
Oct 14, 2014, 11:06 PM EST
The Royals — who hadn’t made a playoff appearance in 29 years and had to make it through the American League Wild Card Game this year — are now just one win away from advancing to the World Series.
Oct 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Ned Yost can see into the future.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 53
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 81
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 13
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)