Oct 11, 2014, 1:07 AM EST
So much weirdness packed into 10 innings.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:34 AM EST
Alex Gordon and Mike Moustakas both homered in the top of the 10th inning, giving the Royals a three-run lead as they attempt to take Game 1 of the ALCS from the Orioles.
Oct 6, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
As if going to the ALCS wasn’t exciting enough.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:36 PM EST
Greg Holland fanned the best player in the game to wrap up an ALDS sweep of the Angels for the Royals.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 4, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
With three extra-inning playoff games, the Royals have had a crazy week on the field. However, what Royals closer Greg Holland has experienced this week takes it to the extreme.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Herrera, who averaged 98.1 miles per hour with his fastball this season, has a 2.56 ERA in 215 career innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EST
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
The Royals may not have won the AL Wild Card if not for the confounding decisions of manager Ned Yost.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:02 AM EST
Yost’s controversial call fails to doom Royals after all.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 27, 2014, 10:09 AM EST
Every team with a long run of losing has stories, of course. Every team with a long run of losing has believers too, who refuse to stop caring even when there seems nothing left to care about.
Sep 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Party like it’s 1985.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
Danny Duffy tossed six scoreless innings in his return from left rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
James Shields struck out eight batters and yielded just two hits over seven scoreless innings and the Kansas City bullpen kept the shutout intact as the Royals beat the Tigers 3-0 on Wednesday night at Detroit’s Comerica Park to reclaim a one-game lead in the American League Central standings.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EST
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 11, 2014, 11:24 PM EST
The Royals haven’t been in first place this late in a season since 2003.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
For a minute, it’s 1985, and the Royals are in first place. Savor this moment.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)