Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Herrera, who averaged 98.1 miles per hour with his fastball this season, has a 2.56 ERA in 215 career innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EDT
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
The Royals may not have won the AL Wild Card if not for the confounding decisions of manager Ned Yost.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:02 AM EDT
Yost’s controversial call fails to doom Royals after all.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 27, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
Every team with a long run of losing has stories, of course. Every team with a long run of losing has believers too, who refuse to stop caring even when there seems nothing left to care about.
Sep 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Party like it’s 1985.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
Danny Duffy tossed six scoreless innings in his return from left rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
James Shields struck out eight batters and yielded just two hits over seven scoreless innings and the Kansas City bullpen kept the shutout intact as the Royals beat the Tigers 3-0 on Wednesday night at Detroit’s Comerica Park to reclaim a one-game lead in the American League Central standings.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 11, 2014, 11:24 PM EDT
The Royals haven’t been in first place this late in a season since 2003.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
For a minute, it’s 1985, and the Royals are in first place. Savor this moment.
Jun 17, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Toronto has called up utility man Munenori Kawasaki from the minors for some infield depth and in a surprising move they demoted right-hander Steve Delabar to Triple-A to make room for him on the roster.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
Apr 27, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Ned Yost said he’d never use closer Greg Holland in a tie game on the road again. But he did use Holland to protect a seven-run lead on Sunday.
Apr 8, 2014, 6:13 AM EDT
The A’s remind me of someone. And a couple of rainouts remind me of my favorite movie ever.
Apr 2, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
But the biggest problem for the Royals wasn’t Ian Kinsler. It was Ned Yost’s bullpen management.
Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Joe Posnanski picks the Royals to win the division for the 17th consecutive season.
Apr 1, 2014, 5:50 AM EDT
Does winning on Opening Day mean anything? I dunno, ask Oakland and Seattle.
Mar 12, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Kansas City Royals. The Big Question: Are the Royals finally ready to contend? Kansas City made a big jump…
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)