Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EST
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
Jan 27, 2015, 6:19 PM EST
The Orioles have failed in their pursuit of several free agent outfielders this offseason, so they might now be turning to the trade market to fill the need.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
Bumgarner vs. Volquez is, on paper anyway, something of a mismatch. But as we saw in last night’s game, predicting these things is a fool’s errand.
Sep 11, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Marte has been one of the hottest hitters in the game since returning from a concussion in early August.
Sep 2, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Polanco went 4-for-26 (.153) during his brief demotion and was in a nasty two-month slump before being sent down, hitting just .204 with a .564 in his last 40 games.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Gregory Polanco got off to a great start after the Pirates called him up in mid-June, but the 22-year-old top prospect has been slumping for the past two months and recently manager Clint Hurdle has decided to play Travis Snider over him in right field.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Jul 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Josh Harrison kept the PIrates in the mix in Sunday’s game against the Rockies by using his legs.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jun 28, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Could you turn down a guaranteed $75 million? Gregory Polanco has. And may continue to do so, for good reason.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:21 PM EST
Watch as Gregory Polanco smacks a fifth-inning RBI single Wednesday night against the Reds, becoming the first rookie in the long history of the Pirates to hit safely in each of his first eight games …
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 14, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Pirates rookie Gregory Polanco made history with his go-ahead two-run homer last night.
Mar 14, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Gregory Polanco was always a long shot to make the Pirates out of spring training and today the team officially ruled him out, optioning the 22-year-old top prospect to the minors among the latest batch of roster cuts. Polanco was impressive in camp, but has just 70 games of experience above Single-A and wasn’t especially…
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 18
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 90
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (90)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)