Jan 21, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Corporan joins Robinson Chirinos as the Rangers’ in-house catching options.
Jan 16, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
Houston has too many catchers.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Perhaps the worst hitter in baseball is on the move.
Nov 11, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
He made the All-Star team in 2013, but hit just .222 with a .651 OPS in 126 games this season.
Nov 5, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Old reliever for new reliever, basically.
Nov 5, 2014, 3:52 PM EST
Former first-round draft pick moves on to Houston.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jul 21, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Veteran catcher John Buck was given his release by the Mariners earlier this month, but he didn’t stay out of a job for long.
Jul 6, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Mike Morin and Hank Conger did a reenactment of sorts of the famous Pete Rose/Bob Boone play from the 1980 World Series.
May 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Jered Weaver decided he’d have enough after 102 pitches Sunday.
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EST
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
Apr 21, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
The Unwritten Rules strike again. Plus, I wish you all a happy Spring Thanksgiving.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
You’ll be seeing this play at the end of the season when the season’s wackiest plays are reviewed.
Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The other owners will have to ratify the move at their next meeting, but as of yesterday it’s all but official: the Braves now own the Nationals.
Jan 31, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Angels have signed catcher Yorvit Torrealba to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training. Torrealba will aim to provide depth behind the dish with Chris Iannetta and Hank Conger. Torrealba, 35, spent the 2013 season with the Rockies. He posted a .580 OPS in…
Dec 10, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
3:00 p.m. EST update: A source told the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro that the deal is done. The Diamondbacks will get Trumbo and two players to be named, and they give outfielder Adam Eaton to the White Sox and left-hander Tyler Skaggs to the Angels. Left-hander Hector Santiago will go from Chicago to Anaheim. Trumbo…
Oct 21, 2013, 9:31 AM EST
The Blue Jays once traded for Angels catcher Mike Napoli. Then four days later they got rid of him. Maybe seeing Napoli help two teams to the World Series since then has them trying for a do-over. Here’s Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun: Yes, the Blue Jays need starting pitching. Yet, that’s not the only…
Jul 8, 2013, 6:43 AM EST
Orioles 2, Yankees 1: Even Superman gets beat up once in a while. Adam Jones handed Mariano Rivera his second blown save of the year and the first blown save in Yankee Stadium in a dog’s age when he smacked a two-run homer in the ninth. Speaking of Superman, I finally got around to seeing…
May 25, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Behind five shutout innings from starter Billy Buckner and four shutout innings from the bullpen, the Angels blanked the Royals 7-0 this afternoon. Hank Conger and Josh Hamilton each contributed solo home runs to aid in the offensive effort. The win is the Angels’ seventh in a row, bringing their record up to 22-27. They’re…
May 6, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
We’re smack dab in the middle of the first ten days-to-two week period of beautiful weather in Ohio. It’s low 70s, low humidity, sunshine and nice breezes. Everything is in bloom and the land is green and lush. This will be mirrored by the ten days-to-two week period in the fall in which the air will…
May 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
As bad as the Angels are running thus far in the 2013 season, they’ll consider this a win. In the bottom of the eighth inning of this afternoon’s game against the Orioles, designated hitter Hank Conger identified that Orioles manager Buck Showalter’s defense was shifting against him, with the third baseman playing more towards shortstop.…
Mar 19, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
It’s no secret that T.J. Simers grinds my gears. He probably likes that, as grinding people’s gears is his thing. But no amount of nonsense from a sportswriter will ever make me want to see harm befall him, so I was sad to see that Simers had a ministroke over the weekend. And happy to…
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)