Sep 1, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
The reworking of the Red Sox has already begun under new club president Dave Dombrowski.
Aug 31, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
Ramirez has a nagging shoulder injury.
Aug 26, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Porcello has had a miserable first season in Boston.
Aug 25, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
This sounds like the first directive to come from new Red Sox president Dave Dombrowski.
Aug 22, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
Ben Cherington is out of a job after stepping down as Red Sox general manager this week, but he still has his sense of humor.
Aug 9, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
X-rays taken Saturday morning turned up negative, so this isn’t anything major. But the 31-year-old slugger obviously has a pretty bad bruise.
Jul 28, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Dealing him — along with the rumors that they’d consider dealing Yasiel Puig — would continue a trend that Andrew Friedman began when he took over.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Justin Verlander, doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Newsday’s David Lennon details how the Mets were close to trading for Manny Ramirez back in 2005.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:23 PM EDT
After pitching into the seventh inning in his major league debut against the Rangers last Saturday, Blue Jays left-hander Matt Boyd failed to record an out in his start tonight against the Red Sox.
Jun 29, 2015, 7:28 PM EDT
Ramirez has been cleared to swing a bat and Red Sox manager John Farrell is optimistic that he’ll be able to return during the team’s four-game series in Toronto this week.
Jun 29, 2015, 3:22 PM EDT
Alejandro De Aza is starting in his place.
Jun 25, 2015, 9:46 AM EDT
Likely as a corresponding move to a DL stint for Dustin Pedroia and/or Hanley Ramirez.
Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Carlos Carrasco tamed the Tigers in what was clearly a worked match.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 5, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT
Ambidextrous pitcher Pat Venditte made his major league debut for the Athletics on Friday night, facing the Red Sox.
Jun 5, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s box scores and recaps…
May 28, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
The 39-year-old Ortiz has just one hit in his last 20 at-bats and is batting an uncharacteristic .216/.303/.377 with six home runs and 18 RBI across his first 43 games this season.
May 9, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
Ramirez banged his left shoulder against a wall at Fenway Park on Monday.
May 5, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
An old friend returns to the site of his greatest triumphs.
May 4, 2015, 10:43 PM EDT
Ramirez suffered the injury when he ran into the wall along the left-field line while attempting to make a catch.
May 2, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz won’t stop hitting home runs.
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 29, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The ball came off Cruz’s bat at 116 mph, according to MLB’s Statcast data.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Allen Craig replaced him in left field against the Orioles.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 23
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 75
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)