Jun 11, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
After going unsigned two months into the season, veteran reliever Rafael Soriano signed a minor league contract with the Cubs earlier this week. However, it’s going to be a while before he joins the major league bullpen.
May 21, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
The Cubs are reportedly one of several teams who have looked into signing Soriano.
May 14, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
This was the Cubs’ first four-game sweep of the Mets since August of 1992.
Apr 8, 2015, 9:23 AM EDT
Everyone has already made all of the “relief” jokes. But I’m gonna pile on anyway.
Apr 5, 2015, 11:23 PM EDT
The Cardinals blanked the Cubs 3-0 on Opening Night in Chicago on Sunday, officially kicking off the 2015 regular season.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
Theo Epstein has his eyes on an NL Central title in 2015. It’s a realistic aspiration.
Jun 15, 2014, 11:54 AM EDT
From MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart comes word that the Astros have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with free agent reliever Jose Veras. The right-hander was released by the Cubs last Tuesday after allowing 12 earned runs in just 13 1/3 innings.
Jun 3, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Cubs starting catcher Welington Castillo is disabled list bound with a rib cage injury suffered Sunday and they’ve called up journeyman backup catcher Eli Whiteside from Triple-A to replace him on the roster.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 16, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
How much longer will Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel be in Chicago?
Apr 12, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Jose Veras struggled again last night and will get a break from the closer role.
May 5, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
Cubs reliever Carlos Marmol imploded yesterday, walking two batters and hitting another to load the bases with no outs in the eighth inning attempting to hold on to a 4-2 lead. Manager Dale Sveum replaced Marmol with Hector Rondon, who allowed all three of Marmol’s runners to score and the Reds eventually went on to…
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 7
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)