Jun 11, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
After going unsigned two months into the season, veteran reliever Rafael Soriano signed a minor league contract with the Cubs earlier this week. However, it’s going to be a while before he joins the major league bullpen.
May 21, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
The Cubs are reportedly one of several teams who have looked into signing Soriano.
May 14, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
This was the Cubs’ first four-game sweep of the Mets since August of 1992.
Apr 8, 2015, 9:23 AM EDT
Everyone has already made all of the “relief” jokes. But I’m gonna pile on anyway.
Apr 5, 2015, 11:23 PM EDT
The Cardinals blanked the Cubs 3-0 on Opening Night in Chicago on Sunday, officially kicking off the 2015 regular season.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
Theo Epstein has his eyes on an NL Central title in 2015. It’s a realistic aspiration.
Jun 15, 2014, 11:54 AM EDT
From MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart comes word that the Astros have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with free agent reliever Jose Veras. The right-hander was released by the Cubs last Tuesday after allowing 12 earned runs in just 13 1/3 innings.
Jun 3, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Cubs starting catcher Welington Castillo is disabled list bound with a rib cage injury suffered Sunday and they’ve called up journeyman backup catcher Eli Whiteside from Triple-A to replace him on the roster.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 16, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
How much longer will Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel be in Chicago?
Apr 12, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Jose Veras struggled again last night and will get a break from the closer role.
May 5, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
Cubs reliever Carlos Marmol imploded yesterday, walking two batters and hitting another to load the bases with no outs in the eighth inning attempting to hold on to a 4-2 lead. Manager Dale Sveum replaced Marmol with Hector Rondon, who allowed all three of Marmol’s runners to score and the Reds eventually went on to…
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 93
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (95)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)