Oct 5, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
Buck Showalter is a wizard.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
It won’t get the attention of his earlier bullpen moves, but it’s hard to tell what Brad Ausmus was thinking in the ninth inning Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Mar 22, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
When it was announced that defensive whiz Jose Iglesias would miss most (or all) of the season with stress fractures in both of his legs, the Tigers said they were content with considering internal replacements at shortstop. That search apparently included the coaching staff, as Tigers manager Brad Ausmus acknowledged to Jayson Stark of ESPN.com…
Mar 17, 2014, 9:12 PM EST
It was reported over the weekend that Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias will miss most (or potentially all) of the season due to lingering pain from a shin condition and now we have some clarity about the exact nature of the injury. According to Jason Beck of MLB.com, Iglesias confirmed today that he has been diagnosed…
Mar 15, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
Earlier, D.J. Short wondered if the Tigers would make a play for free agent Stephen Drew after it was reported that shortstop Jose Iglesias would begin the season on the disabled list with shin splints. It may be worse than the Tigers expected. ESPN’s Jim Bowden is reporting that Iglesias could miss most of the…
Mar 14, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
Rick Porcello was probably the happiest guy in the world when the Tigers traded for shortstop Jose Iglesias last season. A groundball pitcher matched up with a top-notch defensive shortstop is the stuff that dreams are made of. Sadly for both of them, however, they won’t be together to kick off the season. Lynn Henning of…
Nov 3, 2013, 7:10 PM EST
The Tigers have made a habit of big splashes in the offseasons. Three years ago, it was Victor Martinez. Then Prince Fielder. Last winter, the Tigers signed both Anibal Sanchez and Torii Hunter. Those deals have helped them reach the postseason each year, but the ultimate prize has remained out of reach. As the Tigers…
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 6
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 9
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 161
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (161)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)