Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
Aug 12, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
Here’s how it ended …
Aug 12, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
The Japanese starter walked three batters but struck out seven in a historical 116-pitch effort as the Mariners defeated the Orioles 3-0 on Wednesday afternoon at Seattle’s Safeco Field.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:55 AM EDT
Not-an-All-Star Brian Dozier showed that, while his .500+ slugging percentage is apparently not worth a trip to Cincinnati, it’s worth something.
Jul 5, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma will be activated on Monday. He hasn’t started since April 20.
May 13, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Iwakuma “isn’t anywhere close to returning.”
May 2, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
One of the best pitchers in baseball history tells us how he’d approach the best player of this generation.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma could miss up to a month after being diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain of his right lat muscle.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma is dealing with a strained right lat muscle.
Apr 12, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Albert Pujols hit his 522nd career home run on Sunday against Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura.
Apr 8, 2015, 11:42 PM EDT
Watch as Albert Pujols puts a charge into this ball Wednesday against Hisashi Iwakuma …
Mar 26, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
The pitching is great and the offense should be better. But is better good enough?
Dec 10, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox and Diamondbacks have agreed to a trade that will send left-handed starter Wade Miley to Boston for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
They’ve been linked to Justin Upton and Matt Kemp. But another power bat is a possibility.
Nov 16, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Could the Mariners be dangling Hisashi Iwakuma?
Sep 27, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the Mariners’ efforts to keep their season alive.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Twins right-hander Phil Hughes has thrived with a change of scenery this season and he could finish the year with a place in MLB history.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Pujols suffered the injury while running to second base on a three-run double.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bryce Harper entered August with numbers far below expectations. He’ll enter September with much better-looking stats thanks to a decent showing in August, including a spectacular finish on Sunday.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 21, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
But not the best among major league starters this season.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Aug 1, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Paxton has begun his career by going 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA in six starts dating back to last season’s debut.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)