May 13, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Iwakuma “isn’t anywhere close to returning.”
May 2, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
One of the best pitchers in baseball history tells us how he’d approach the best player of this generation.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma could miss up to a month after being diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain of his right lat muscle.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma is dealing with a strained right lat muscle.
Apr 12, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Albert Pujols hit his 522nd career home run on Sunday against Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura.
Apr 8, 2015, 11:42 PM EDT
Watch as Albert Pujols puts a charge into this ball Wednesday against Hisashi Iwakuma …
Mar 26, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
The pitching is great and the offense should be better. But is better good enough?
Dec 10, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox and Diamondbacks have agreed to a trade that will send left-handed starter Wade Miley to Boston for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
They’ve been linked to Justin Upton and Matt Kemp. But another power bat is a possibility.
Nov 16, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Could the Mariners be dangling Hisashi Iwakuma?
Sep 27, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the Mariners’ efforts to keep their season alive.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Twins right-hander Phil Hughes has thrived with a change of scenery this season and he could finish the year with a place in MLB history.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Pujols suffered the injury while running to second base on a three-run double.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bryce Harper entered August with numbers far below expectations. He’ll enter September with much better-looking stats thanks to a decent showing in August, including a spectacular finish on Sunday.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 21, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
But not the best among major league starters this season.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Aug 1, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Paxton has begun his career by going 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA in six starts dating back to last season’s debut.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma took the mound last night against the Minnesota Twins for the fifth time in his career and for the fifth time in his career he defeated them without allowing an earned run.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 1, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Taijuan Walker rejoined the Mariners’ rotation yesterday after a long time on the sidelines and fellow top pitching prospect James Paxton is finally making some progress in his return as well.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
The Indians, A’s and Jays are surging. The Yankees, Rays and Braves are reeling. The Padres won a game despite getting only one hit. As Earl Weaver once said: Baseball: we do this every day, lady.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 114
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (117)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)