Sep 1, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Matt Williams wears sunglasses like this so you cannot tell that he is asleep.
Aug 31, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Astros will have their young phenom back at shortstop tonight against the Mariners.
Aug 30, 2015, 11:14 PM EDT
Jake Arrieta made history on Sunday night, tossing a no-hitter against the Dodgers.
Aug 30, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
This is probably a case of the ‘Stros playing it safe with a young star. They do have a four-game lead in the American League West standings and Correa has been pushed hard over the last three months.
Aug 29, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Max Stassi will return to the majors as Jason Castro was placed on the disabled list on Saturday.
Aug 26, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Evan Gattis swatted two homers.
Aug 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 25, 2015, 10:44 PM EDT
Carlos Gomez was in the middle of another benches-clearing fracas Tuesday at Yankee Stadium …
Aug 25, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
A couple of walkoffs and several big, big innings around Major League Baseball last night.
Aug 24, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
Keuchel is making the minimum salary this season and won’t be eligible for free agency until after the 2018.
Aug 24, 2015, 6:21 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion and the Blue Jays bash their way back into first place.
Aug 23, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Jason Castro hit a walk-off homer Sunday to complete a three-game sweep of the Dodgers.
Aug 23, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT
George Springer is finally beginning to make legit progress in his recovery from a fractured right wrist.
Aug 23, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Houston got to Zack Greinke on Saturday for a 3-1 victory and Mike Fiers threw a no-hitter on Friday. This is coming together as a statement series for the ‘Stros here in late August.
Aug 22, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
A photo taken from Mike Fiers’ no-hitter on Friday showed what appeared to be a shiny substance on the inside of his glove. The Dodgers don’t seem to care.
Aug 22, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Astros right-hander Mike Fiers threw the 11th no-hitter in franchise history last night as part of a 3-0 victory over the Dodgers.
Aug 21, 2015, 10:21 PM EDT
Mike Fiers no-hit the Dodgers, completing the Astros’ first no-hitter since 2003.
Aug 21, 2015, 10:51 AM EDT
Acquired from Houston in the Carlos Gomez/Mike Fiers trade.
Aug 20, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
Folks, we have a Maddux.
Aug 20, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Speed doesn’t slump. Not that explains Evan Gattis.
Aug 19, 2015, 10:24 PM EDT
Astros right-hander Lance McCullers was optioned to Double-A Corpus Christi after allowing six earned runs in one-third of an inning August 3 against the Rangers. The idea was to give the 21-year-old some rest so that he could be of value down the stretch.
Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Aug 14, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Angels are the sixth team with reported interest in acquiring second baseman Chase Utley from the Phillies.
Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (95)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (95)