Oct 9, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Injuries limited right-hander Matt Albers to just 10 innings this season and the Astros have declined the reliever’s $3 million option for 2015, buying him out for $200,000.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Jose Altuve and Justin Morneau are your 2014 batting champions in the American League and the National League, respectively.
Sep 28, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
Astros management apparently heard the outcry against their initial decision to hold Jose Altuve out of Sunday’s season finale — against Altuve’s wishes — in order to protect his lead for the batting title …
Sep 28, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Jose Altuve boasts a .340 batting average through 656 at-bats this season and Victor Martinez is at .337 in 558 at-bats. The Astros will take their chances Sunday in the hope of claiming the franchise’s first-ever batting title.
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EDT
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 21, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Astros pitching coach Brent Strom announced Sunday that ace left-hander Dallas Keuchel won’t make another start this season.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Altuve is on pace for the most hits in a season since …
Sep 16, 2014, 11:41 PM EDT
Watch as Astros second baseman Jose Altuve sets the franchise record for most hits in a season with a single through the middle of the infield on Tuesday night at Minute Maid Park in Houston …
Sep 16, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Springer followed up his slow start by homering 20 times in a 59-game span, but the 24-year-old outfielder last played on July 19.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
George Springer’s impressive rookie year was halted by a quadriceps injury in mid-July and the Astros’ power-hitting outfielder remains on the disabled list long after he was expected to return, but he’s still hoping to play again this season.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The slumping Athletics appeared to be well on their way to another loss, but put together a three-run ninth inning to work off victors against the Astros on Saturday.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 29, 2014, 6:58 AM EDT
Yet another protested game in a week full of protests. This one isn’t going anywhere, though.
Aug 28, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Every time Alex Gordon steps to the plate at Kauffman Stadium these days, fans chant, “M-V-P, M-V-P,” which is fascinating on so many levels.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)