Aug 7, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff for Ian Kinsler and the Tigers, a possible double-agent fails and then succeeds in the Astros-A’s game and there is evil afoot in Washington and Atlanta.
Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Luis Severino made his big legaue debut and pitched well but lost. Matt Boyd made his Tigers debut, pitched well and won. There were a bunch of walkoffs too. And what do Ryan Adams and Taylor Swift have to do with any of this?
Aug 4, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Incredible numbers for a 20-year-old shortstop.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT
Yes, I realize it’s silly to do this an hour after the trade deadline, as time is required to see how this stuff truly shakes out. But what is the Internet for if not kneejerk reactions?
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:34 AM EDT
In a night of several walkoffs — including a walkoff walk — Jason Castro had the biggest, helping Houston complete the sweep of the Angels.
Jul 31, 2015, 12:00 AM EDT
The Astros completed a three-game sweep of the Angels and now hold a two-game lead in the American League West.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Carlos Correa has shortstop covered for a while.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Houston made a run at him.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
The Astros regain the lead in the AL West by taking another one from the Angels.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Houston defeated Anaheim 6-3 to jump back into first place in the American League West.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Your mileage may vary, but for my money the ugliest game of the year happened last night.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Hamels would join Dallas Keuchel and Scott Kazmir in an excellent, postseason-ready Astros rotation.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
Angels center fielder Mike Trout went 4-for-4 with two homers and five RBI in Sunday’s series finale against the Rangers, but he also suffered a left wrist injury in that game when he tried to make a diving catch …
Jul 28, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Coors Field is powerful, but Tulowitzki is great anywhere.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Lind mashes righties. And hasn’t been too terribly against lefties either, for that matter.
Jul 24, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Scott Kazmir pitched brilliantly in his Astros debut to beat the Royals on Friday.
Jul 24, 2015, 7:34 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. the Mets? How is that in any way fair?
Jul 23, 2015, 6:23 PM EDT
Kazmir was acquired from the Athletics on Thursday in exchange for catcher Jacob Nottingham and right-hander Daniel Mengden.
Jul 23, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
Dallas Keuchel and Scott Kazmir atop the Astros’ rotation.
Jul 22, 2015, 7:35 AM EDT
It was a big night for slugging catchers, Kyle Schwarber chief among them.
Jul 21, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Lowrie has been on the disabled list since suffering a ligament tear in his right (throwing-side) thumb back in late April. That thumb injury required surgery and Lowrie was given a three-month recovery timetable …
Jul 21, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
No more lefty specialist.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Zack Greinke was impressive. Even if Bryce Harper wasn’t all that impressed.
Jul 19, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Dallas Keuchel bolstered his case for the AL Cy Young award with a dominating effort against the Rangers, whom he feels disrespected his Astros on Saturday.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)