May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 15, 2015, 5:17 PM EDT
This season at Double-A he was nearly unhittable, throwing 29 innings with a 0.62 ERA and 43/11 K/BB ratio.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
May 12, 2015, 6:33 PM EDT
Astros right fielder George Springer was placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list May 6 after ramming his head into the outfield wall at Minute Maid Park while making a spectacular grab on the night of May 5.
May 8, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The Astros placed closer Luke Gregerson on the family emergency medical list on Friday.
May 6, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
Astros right fielder George Springer made a stellar catch on Tuesday night against the right-field wall at Minute Maid Park, but he looked dazed afterward and is now being placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list, per the team’s Twitter account.
May 5, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
George Springer has been robbing opponents all season, and he did it again Tuesday night …
May 5, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
An old friend returns to the site of his greatest triumphs.
May 4, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
The Astros hadn’t lost a game since April 22.
May 4, 2015, 5:11 PM EDT
The pitchers and rookies of the month were also named.
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
May 3, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Astros keep on winning.
May 3, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
Marisnick is also getting it done at the plate for the Astros, who are on a nine-game winning streak and have opened a six-game lead over the Angels in the American League West standings.
May 2, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
The Astros are good again!
May 2, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz won’t stop hitting home runs.
May 2, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
One of the best pitchers in baseball history tells us how he’d approach the best player of this generation.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 30, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Chris Johnson suffered a left hand fracture Thursday and was placed on the disabled list. Mike Foltynewicz will take his place on the active roster and is set to join the starting rotation Friday against the Reds.
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 28, 2015, 8:42 PM EDT
Lowrie suffered the injury while sliding into home plate in the eighth inning of Monday’s 9-4 win over the Padres and flew to Houston for an MRI on Tuesday. That exam revealed the ligament tear, which will require surgery to repair …
Apr 28, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Returning to Houston as a free agent on a three-year, $23 million contract, Lowrie is off to a very strong start.
Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
The Mets continue to be Amazin’.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
“Can you pitch, Dustin? Like, every fifth day? I’m serious.”
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)