Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 23, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
Maikel Franco provides a glimmer of hope for the Phillies in an otherwise dark season.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
Altuve initially tweaked his hamstring on June 12 and has already had one setback.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 21, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
Astros second baseman Jose Altuve hasn’t appeared in a game since making an early exit last Wednesday in Colorado with discomfort in his right hamstring. And he is not starting Sunday …
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 17, 2015, 4:35 PM EDT
Foltynewicz had some early success, but allowed 16 runs in 16 innings this month.
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Tucker, the brother of current Astros outfielder Preston Tucker, will reportedly receive a $4 million bonus.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Altuve hasn’t played since Friday due to a strained right hamstring.
Jun 15, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
Jun 15, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
He can’t hit and can’t field his position, so this is an easy call.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 13, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
Chris Archer was unable to make it four starts in a row with double-digit strikeouts and zero walks.
Jun 13, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
Indians prospect Francisco Lindor is getting the call up to the show.
Jun 13, 2015, 10:06 AM EDT
Felix Hernandez had the worst start of his career last night and the Mariners couldn’t get anything going against Brett Oberholtzer, so manager Lloyd McClendon decided to let catcher Jesus Sucre pitch the eighth inning of a lopsided game….
Jun 9, 2015, 7:01 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Monday around MLB, including another dominating outing from White Sox ace Chris Sale.
Jun 8, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
The Astros, Rockies, Rangers and Astros again make their selections.
Jun 8, 2015, 9:22 AM EDT
Houston is going for it.
Jun 7, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Astros top prospect Carlos Correa is getting the call up to the major leagues.
Chris Archer becomes first in the modern era with three straight double-digit strikeout, zero-walk starts
Jun 7, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Chris Archer has quietly been one of the best pitchers in baseball, particularly lately.
Jun 7, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Colabello has been an unlikely contributor to the Blue Jays this season, proving it once more on Sunday against the Astros.
Jun 5, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Morgan Ensberg wouldn’t give up much for Phillies ace Cole Hamels.
Jun 4, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
McCullers was the Astros’ “other” first-round pick in the 2012 draft.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)