May 22, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Getting picked off, kicked in the face and injured on the same play is no way to go through life, son.
May 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Astros left-hander Dallas Keuchel came into this season as a 26-year-old with a lifetime 9-18 record and 5.20 ERA in 239 innings.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 17, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
Released by the Mets earlier this week, veteran reliever Kyle Farnsworth has found a new home with the Astros.
May 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Astros manager Bo Porter says that Chad Qualls will be the club’s full-time closer going forward.
May 15, 2014, 6:30 AM EDT
There is no word for “lose” in Masahiro Tanaka’s vocabulary. It’s not even a translation thing. There is no “lose” in his Japanese or his English. He’s just a giant bag of win and dominance and stuff.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
He doesn’t quite carry the profile of a Kris Medlen or Jose Fernandez or A.J. Griffin or Matt Moore, but you can add Astros reliever Jose Cisnero to the long list of young pitchers requiring Tommy John surgery. CSN Houston’s Julia Morales reports that Cisnero is scheduled to undergo the reconstructive elbow procedure next week in Texas.
May 9, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
We’ve heard it before, and we’ll certainly continue to hear it: Yu Darvish is working on a no-hitter.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Day baseball, man. Day baseball.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
In the time it took to write this excerpt, Ike Davis just struck out looking twice.
May 2, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
Jesse Crain never pitched for the Rays after they acquired him from the White Sox in the middle of last season and he’s yet to pitch for the Astros after they signed him to a one-year deal this winter. And whenever he does debut for Houston it won’t be before May 29.
Apr 28, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Lucas Harrell owns a 6.13 ERA dating back to the start of last season.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 26, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Athletics right fielder Josh Reddick made a heck of a throw to record the out at third base on the speedy George Springer.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 25, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Astros reliever has another hurdle to climb before making his first MLB appearance since June 29, 2013.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
This is just adorable.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:27 AM EDT
…and this isn’t even about the five errors.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Jesse Crain hasn’t thrown a pitch in a game since June 29 and it doesn’t look like that will be changing any time soon.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 36
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 211
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)