May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Day baseball, man. Day baseball.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
In the time it took to write this excerpt, Ike Davis just struck out looking twice.
May 2, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
Jesse Crain never pitched for the Rays after they acquired him from the White Sox in the middle of last season and he’s yet to pitch for the Astros after they signed him to a one-year deal this winter. And whenever he does debut for Houston it won’t be before May 29.
Apr 28, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Lucas Harrell owns a 6.13 ERA dating back to the start of last season.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 26, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Athletics right fielder Josh Reddick made a heck of a throw to record the out at third base on the speedy George Springer.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 25, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Astros reliever has another hurdle to climb before making his first MLB appearance since June 29, 2013.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
This is just adorable.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:27 AM EDT
…and this isn’t even about the five errors.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Jesse Crain hasn’t thrown a pitch in a game since June 29 and it doesn’t look like that will be changing any time soon.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 21, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
The Astros’ ace is going on the shelf for a while.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Oh, nothing, just Dexter Fowler being coached by arguably the greatest hitter in baseball history.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:24 AM EDT
Can’t someone please write these things down so we can all keep track?
Apr 18, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Bo Porter does not mince words when a TOOTBLAN happens.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Astros outfield prospect George Springer grounded out sharply to shortstop in his first major league at-bat on Wednesday night. In his second trip to the plate, he made it to first base …
Apr 13, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
Watch as Astros shortstop Jonathan Villar flashes range and arm strength to keep his club on top of the Rangers in the bottom of the 10th inning Saturday night in Arlington, Texas …
Apr 11, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Scott Feldman dazzled in Friday’s start against the Rangers under tough circumstances.
Apr 11, 2014, 8:03 AM EDT
If your local talk radio host is frothing at the mouth over Michael Pineda today he is being willfully ignorant of baseball’s approach to doctored baseballs.
Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 AM EDT
If a pitcher has a foreign substance on his hand and no one is there to complain about it, does it still raise a stink?
Apr 7, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
The Astros will place reliever Matt Albers on the paternity leave list Tuesday.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)