May 24, 2014, 1:39 PM EST
The Astros’ progressive approach to rebuilding is drawing some criticism from both outside and inside the organization.
May 22, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Getting picked off, kicked in the face and injured on the same play is no way to go through life, son.
May 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Astros left-hander Dallas Keuchel came into this season as a 26-year-old with a lifetime 9-18 record and 5.20 ERA in 239 innings.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EST
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 17, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
Released by the Mets earlier this week, veteran reliever Kyle Farnsworth has found a new home with the Astros.
May 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Astros manager Bo Porter says that Chad Qualls will be the club’s full-time closer going forward.
May 15, 2014, 6:30 AM EST
There is no word for “lose” in Masahiro Tanaka’s vocabulary. It’s not even a translation thing. There is no “lose” in his Japanese or his English. He’s just a giant bag of win and dominance and stuff.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 10:58 PM EST
He doesn’t quite carry the profile of a Kris Medlen or Jose Fernandez or A.J. Griffin or Matt Moore, but you can add Astros reliever Jose Cisnero to the long list of young pitchers requiring Tommy John surgery. CSN Houston’s Julia Morales reports that Cisnero is scheduled to undergo the reconstructive elbow procedure next week in Texas.
May 9, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
We’ve heard it before, and we’ll certainly continue to hear it: Yu Darvish is working on a no-hitter.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Day baseball, man. Day baseball.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
In the time it took to write this excerpt, Ike Davis just struck out looking twice.
May 2, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
Jesse Crain never pitched for the Rays after they acquired him from the White Sox in the middle of last season and he’s yet to pitch for the Astros after they signed him to a one-year deal this winter. And whenever he does debut for Houston it won’t be before May 29.
Apr 28, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Lucas Harrell owns a 6.13 ERA dating back to the start of last season.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 26, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
Athletics right fielder Josh Reddick made a heck of a throw to record the out at third base on the speedy George Springer.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 25, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Astros reliever has another hurdle to climb before making his first MLB appearance since June 29, 2013.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
This is just adorable.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:27 AM EST
…and this isn’t even about the five errors.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Jesse Crain hasn’t thrown a pitch in a game since June 29 and it doesn’t look like that will be changing any time soon.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (120)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)