Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 10, 2015, 1:55 PM EDT
They are Seventh Day Adventists who cannot work Friday and Saturday games due to their religious beliefs.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Jan 18, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
The Nationals don’t appear eager to move shortstop Ian Desmond at the moment.
Jan 15, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki has been a popular topic of conversation with Mets fans for most of the offseason, but Rockies co-owner Charlie Monfort says a deal isn’t going to happen.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EDT
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 11, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
The Nationals, Mets, and Rays engaged in a discussion that would have resulted in a blockbuster trade involving Ben Zobrist and Ian Desmond. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Dec 17, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
A three-team, 11-player trade has been agreed upon between the Rays, Padres, and Nationals. It centers around outfielder Wil Myers.
Dec 13, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
There is a bit of uncertainty around Mariners shortstop Brad Miller, but the club sounds intent on keeping him in town.
Dec 13, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Could 2015 be Ian Desmond’s final season with the Nationals?
Dec 10, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
Ian Desmond can become a free agent after 2015 and the Nationals might be feeling like they’re not going to be able to afford him.
Nov 13, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
And now he’s one year away from free agency.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Oct 28, 2014, 9:07 AM EDT
The most famous Cowboys fan in Washington D.C. probably had a bad night last night.
Oct 7, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Gio Gonzalez vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 6, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
There was more than meets the eye to Monday’s game-altering play.
Oct 6, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Facing elimination, the Nationals got a big start out of Doug Fister.
Oct 6, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Doug Fister vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
Yet more drama in the 2014 post-season: the Giants seemed destined to be victims of a Jordan Zimmermann shutout, but rallied with two outs in the ninth to send Game 2 of the NLDS into extra innings.
Oct 4, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Cue the outrage!
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)