Aug 1, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
Kennedy pitched seven innings against the Marlins after watching the birth of his daughter.
Jul 25, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
The Padres are likely to go into the trade deadline as sellers, especially if they can’t sweep their four-game series with the Marlins.
Jul 8, 2015, 10:32 AM EDT
This past winter in San Diego may end up having been a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.
Jun 6, 2015, 11:42 AM EDT
Strasburg landed on the disabled list last weekend due to a left trapezius strain, but he’s already back on the mound.
Apr 23, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
Kennedy hurt his hamstring in his first start of the season.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Padres right-hander Ian Kennedy landed on the disabled list after exiting his season debut on April 9 with a mild left hamstring strain, but he’s on track to return Saturday against the Dodgers.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Ian Kennedy suffered a mildly strained hamstring in his season debut and will be placed on the disabled list.
Apr 9, 2015, 7:28 PM EDT
Kennedy, 30, is coming off a nice bounceback season where he posted a 3.63 ERA and 207/70 K/BB ratio in 201 innings across 33 starts.
Mar 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the Padres’ bold moves lead to a playoff appearance?
Dec 9, 2014, 11:13 PM EDT
Hahn is coming off an impressive showing as a rookie in which he posted a 3.07 ERA and 70/32 K/BB ratio in 73 1/3 innings across 12 starts and two relief appearances.
Dec 7, 2014, 4:48 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal has the scoop …
Nov 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Innings will be eaten, no matter where he goes.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Jul 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Ian Kennedy’s left oblique is bothering him, so he’ll miss tomorrow’s start against the Braves.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
The Yankees are reportedly considering a reunion with right-hander Ian Kennedy.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 19, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
The Padres swapped All-Star closer Huston Street to the Angels last night in a six-player trade and they likely aren’t done making deals.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the LA Times wrote Wednesday morning that the Angels “long have known they do not have the elite prospects necessary to acquire” ace left-hander David Price from the Rays. And that weak farm system could also mean that another known Angels target will slip through the cracks.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jun 21, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
Padres general manager Josh Byrnes could pay the price for the team’s disappointing start to the season.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 1, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig drove a 2-1 pitch to the Western Metal Supply Co. building at Petco Park for his first home run of the year Tuesday against Padres starter Ian Kennedy. Quite a teammate, eh?
Mar 27, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The San Diego Padres The Big Question: Can the Padres stay healthy enough to surprise? The last two years with…
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 5
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (251)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)