Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Aug 18, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Felix Hernandez suffered a hip bruise against the Tigers on Saturday, but the Mariners’ ace says he’s “good” to go for his next start.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The Tigers pulled off a rare feat, scoring once in each offensive inning of their win at home against the Rockies.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Profar held his own as a 20-year-old rookie last season, but shoulder problems sidelined him during spring training and he never got healthy, eventually undergoing surgery.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Victor Martinez is skipping the All-Star game because of a side and back injury–allowing teammate Ian Kinsler to join the team in his place–but the Tigers designated hitter is aiming to rejoin the lineup Friday when Detroit begins the second half versus Cleveland.
Jul 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
There are eight days until the All-Star Game. Almost all of these “snubs” will work themselves out.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
No Altuve, no justice.
Jun 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Jose Altuve is one reason why you should start paying attention to the Astros.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
Jun 24, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler homered Tuesday in his first plate appearance back in Arlington, Texas and then taunted his former teammates while trotting down the first base line.
Jun 3, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
The bad news keeps rolling in for the Rangers. Jurickson Profar was in Texas’ clubhouse before Tuesday night’s series-opener against the Orioles and acknowledged to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the recent re-aggravation of his teres major muscle strain will likely prevent him from appearing in a game this season.
Jun 2, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Gentlemen: clutch your pearls.
May 22, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
The hits keep on coming for the Rangers.
May 22, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
In another brutal blow for the Rangers, Prince Fielder is tentatively scheduled to undergo cervical fusion surgery on Tuesday. He’s expected to miss the rest of the season.
May 22, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Some potentially bad news for the Rangers.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
Apr 21, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Unwritten Rules strike again. Plus, I wish you all a happy Spring Thanksgiving.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
You’ll be seeing this play at the end of the season when the season’s wackiest plays are reviewed.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 5, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The Rangers’ top prospect begins his long road back to a clean bill of health.
Apr 3, 2014, 6:59 AM EDT
The Blue Jays 2013 plan worked out pretty well for their second game in 2014. And Jonathan Papelbon shows us the meaning of accountability. In his own special way.
Apr 2, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
But the biggest problem for the Royals wasn’t Ian Kinsler. It was Ned Yost’s bullpen management.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)