Aug 22, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Ichiro Suzuki is likely to join the 3,000 hit club next season and the Marlins wouldn’t complain if he did it wearing their uniform.
Aug 16, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
Ichiro Suzuki slapped a ball into shallow right field Saturday evening at Busch Stadium for the 4,192nd hit of his professional career — 1,278 in Japan and 2,914 in Major League Baseball …
Aug 15, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
Ichiro Suzuki is 41 years old but hasn’t stopped racking up the hits. A single on Friday night put him in an unofficial tie with Ty Cobb.
Aug 3, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Time for a little Loria bashing to brighten up your Monday.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Marcell Ozuna has slumped badly over his last 10 games and will try to figure things out at Triple-A.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
Bruce Sutter retired when Ronald Reagan was still president. He’s still being paid by the Braves.
Jun 20, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Now that Alex Rodriguez has reached the milestone, who will be next to make it to 3,000 hits?
Jun 16, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Especially if they invoke the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
Jun 16, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
Subpoenas have been served on the Cardinals and Major League Baseball for electronic correspondence. This is big.
May 22, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Ichiro Suzuki may be close to the end of a brilliant career, but he’s not done moving up baseball’s all-time leaderboards.
May 18, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The first night of the Dan Jennings experiment ended in a loss.
May 17, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT
Back to your regularly-scheduled programming.
May 2, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Yelich has been sidelined since April 19 with a bulging disk in his lower back.
Apr 24, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Yelich, who agreed to a seven-year, $49 million contract this spring, was off to a slow start by hitting .200 with zero homers and a .488 OPS through 11 games.
Apr 14, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Christian Yelich has been scratched from the starting lineup for Tuesday night’s game against the Braves because of tightness in his back. Ichiro Suzuki will get the start in left field …
Mar 30, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Looks like the end of the line for the 38-year-old.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Let Marlins outfielder Ichiro Suzuki tell you how being a free agent is like being a puppy in a pet shop.
Mar 19, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Do the Marlins have what it takes to contend for the NL Wild Card in 2015?
Jan 28, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
At age 41 he’ll be joining the Marlins in a backup role, playing behind starting outfielders Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna, and Christian Yelich.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
Jan 23, 2015, 12:23 PM EDT
It has been long-rumored, now it appears to be happening.
Jan 21, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
Seems like that’s about as much as Ichiro can expect at this point.
Jan 20, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The defending AL East-champion Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agent outfielders like Norichika Aoki and Colby Rasmus, but Aoki signed with the Giants on Monday and Rasmus agreed to a deal Tuesday with the Astros. So, what now?
Jan 17, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
The Marlins already have Giancarlo Stanton, Christian Yelich, and Marcell Ozuna in-house, so they are looking at Suzuki as a fourth outfielder.
Jan 11, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
Ichiro Suzuki, Nate Schierholtz, Andy Dirks, and Will Venable top the Marlins’ list of fourth-outfielder candidates.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)