Sep 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Pedro Alvarez’s throwing problems caused the Pirates to stop playing him at third base and now a foot injury is keeping him from playing, period.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:09 AM EDT
The Mets had to make a choice. Twenty-six homers and an OPS of .862 later, and that choice looks like the right one.
Aug 18, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
After 584 games in the majors, Pedro Alvarez is going to try something new.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
This story is unlike any I’ve ever seen.
Aug 3, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
For now, Pedro Alvarez won’t be switching positions, but he is no longer the team’s everyday third baseman.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
A change could come after Alvarez committed his major league-high 24th error on Saturday.
Jul 29, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Pirates third baseman Pedro Alvarez’s throwing issues have gotten so bad–including an MLB-leading 21 of his 23 errors on throws–that Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports the team is starting to look into “the mental component to find the root of the problem.”
Jul 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Josh Harrison kept the PIrates in the mix in Sunday’s game against the Rockies by using his legs.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Ike Davis played his way off the Mets with long slumps and poor overall production, and now the Pirates are experiencing that same thing from the 27-year-old first baseman.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Ike Davis is making fast friends in Pittsburgh.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Ike Davis makes a good impression with his new team.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Ike Davis will bat sixth in his Pirates debut this evening against the Brewers.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
The Pirates and Mets each address their problems with an Ike Davis trade.
Apr 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Last week Mets manager Terry Collins announced that he’d be benching Ike Davis and giving Lucas Duda an opportunity to be the team’s primary first baseman.
Apr 5, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
After being benched Friday, Ike Davis played hero for the Mets on Saturday afternoon by slugging a walk-off grand slam.
Apr 5, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
According to a report, the Mets turned down an offer from the Orioles over the winter that would have netted them left-hander Zach Britton.
Apr 4, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Mets manager Terry Collins has decided to give Lucas Duda an extended look as the regular first baseman, leaving Ike Davis on the bench, and Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that they “still see trading Davis as the likely endgame.”
Apr 3, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Lucas Duda — not Ike Davis — will get an extended chance at the starting first base job with the Mets.
Mar 18, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Jayson Stark reports that the Astros have been calling teams in an effort to acquire a first baseman. Stark says that among the potential targets are Mike Carp of the Red Sox, John Mayberry of the Phillies, and Tyler Moore of the Nationals. No word if they’d be in on Ike Davis, who we just noted…
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)