Nov 23, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Davis was designated for assignment by the Bucs a couple of days ago to open up a 40-man roster spot for top pitching prospect Jameson Taillon. Now the first baseman is headed to Oakland.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
Throwing problems forced a move away from third base.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Pirates designated Ike Davis for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.
Nov 13, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Pittsburgh looks set to go with Pedro Alvarez at first base.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Ike Davis was traded from the Mets to the Pirates in April, but he could soon be on the move again.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EST
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EST
Not a ton of surprises. Gaby Sanchez in at first over Ike Davis because of the lefty on the hill. Otherwise, play ball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
Bumgarner vs. Volquez is, on paper anyway, something of a mismatch. But as we saw in last night’s game, predicting these things is a fool’s errand.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Pedro Alvarez’s throwing problems caused the Pirates to stop playing him at third base and now a foot injury is keeping him from playing, period.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:09 AM EST
The Mets had to make a choice. Twenty-six homers and an OPS of .862 later, and that choice looks like the right one.
Aug 18, 2014, 6:22 PM EST
After 584 games in the majors, Pedro Alvarez is going to try something new.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
This story is unlike any I’ve ever seen.
Aug 3, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
For now, Pedro Alvarez won’t be switching positions, but he is no longer the team’s everyday third baseman.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
A change could come after Alvarez committed his major league-high 24th error on Saturday.
Jul 29, 2014, 2:19 PM EST
Pirates third baseman Pedro Alvarez’s throwing issues have gotten so bad–including an MLB-leading 21 of his 23 errors on throws–that Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports the team is starting to look into “the mental component to find the root of the problem.”
Jul 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Josh Harrison kept the PIrates in the mix in Sunday’s game against the Rockies by using his legs.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Ike Davis played his way off the Mets with long slumps and poor overall production, and now the Pirates are experiencing that same thing from the 27-year-old first baseman.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Ike Davis is making fast friends in Pittsburgh.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)