Jan 31, 2015, 10:10 AM EST
While MLB still needs to give their approval, it appears that Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada is one step closer to finally signing with a team.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:50 PM EST
High-spending teams like the Yankees and Red Sox are among the favorites to sign Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada, but the Rays are also interested even if it’s fair to call them a long shot.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Complications with new regulations may soon be ironed out.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
The league now requires Cuban players to get a much more difficult to obtain clearance to sign than even the federal government requires.
Jan 24, 2015, 4:01 PM EST
The Giants, Padres, Rangers, Braves, and Yankees are among the teams showing strong interest in Olivera.
Jan 21, 2015, 9:49 PM EST
Baseball America’s Ben Badler calls Heredia a “plus defender” in center field with good range and a strong throwing arm.
Jan 20, 2015, 7:48 PM EST
You probably could have assumed this one.
Jan 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
The Giants did the same thing over the weekend.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:55 PM EST
Count the Giants in the mix for Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:26 PM EST
The Nationals have signed first baseman Kila Ka’aihue to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training.
Jan 13, 2015, 11:14 PM EST
Moncada is waiting to be cleared for employment by the United States’ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). He’s also being pursued by the Yankees and Red Sox. This bidding war is going to get wild.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:03 AM EST
He can’t sign yet, however.
Dec 30, 2014, 8:28 AM EST
The second baseman has had some health issues, but has a potent bat.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 8:04 PM EST
The sought-after 26-year-old right-hander has now officially re-signed with the Hiroshima Carp for the 2015 season, according to the Japan Times.
Dec 23, 2014, 7:58 PM EST
19-year-old infield prospect Yoan Moncada defected from his native Cuba over the summer and was declared a free agent by Major League Baseball back in mid-November, but he is still waiting for official clearance from the United States’ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) …
Dec 20, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The deal between Cuban infielder Roberto Baldoquin and the Angels became official on Saturday after the 20-year-old passed his physical.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:58 AM EST
He profiled as a back-of-the-rotation starter in the United States.
Dec 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Atlanta will also have a fifth-year team option built into the contract.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart denied last week that he was looking to trade Mark Trumbo, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Dec 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
A guy who knows’ Tomas’ strengths and weaknesses doesn’t think this is the best idea.
Dec 4, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
It involves an agent who isn’t really an agent, a baby registry, possible violations of the U.S. embargo, Scott Boras spies and armed guards patrolling the third base line.
Dec 2, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
But if you think this is a launchpad for some more Ruben Amaro bashing, think again.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 0
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 22
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 85
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (86)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)