Feb 9, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
Moncada has held private workouts for interested teams and the 19-year-old is expected to land a big contract, perhaps in excess of $40 million.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:54 AM EDT
He’ll be a player-manager for a Japanese independent team.
Feb 5, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
The Padres currently project to be around $89 million for 2015, but GM A.J. Preller still has some wiggle room with his budget.
Feb 3, 2015, 3:38 PM EDT
At long last, the 19-year-old infielder is free to sign a deal.
Feb 1, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Badler writes that Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez and assistant GM John Coppolella were both in attendance, along with a number of special assistants and the organization’s top two scouts.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
While MLB still needs to give their approval, it appears that Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada is one step closer to finally signing with a team.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
High-spending teams like the Yankees and Red Sox are among the favorites to sign Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada, but the Rays are also interested even if it’s fair to call them a long shot.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Complications with new regulations may soon be ironed out.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
The league now requires Cuban players to get a much more difficult to obtain clearance to sign than even the federal government requires.
Jan 24, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
The Giants, Padres, Rangers, Braves, and Yankees are among the teams showing strong interest in Olivera.
Jan 21, 2015, 9:49 PM EDT
Baseball America’s Ben Badler calls Heredia a “plus defender” in center field with good range and a strong throwing arm.
Jan 20, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
You probably could have assumed this one.
Jan 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The Giants did the same thing over the weekend.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Count the Giants in the mix for Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
The Nationals have signed first baseman Kila Ka’aihue to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training.
Jan 13, 2015, 11:14 PM EDT
Moncada is waiting to be cleared for employment by the United States’ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). He’s also being pursued by the Yankees and Red Sox. This bidding war is going to get wild.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
He can’t sign yet, however.
Dec 30, 2014, 8:28 AM EDT
The second baseman has had some health issues, but has a potent bat.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
The sought-after 26-year-old right-hander has now officially re-signed with the Hiroshima Carp for the 2015 season, according to the Japan Times.
Dec 23, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
19-year-old infield prospect Yoan Moncada defected from his native Cuba over the summer and was declared a free agent by Major League Baseball back in mid-November, but he is still waiting for official clearance from the United States’ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) …
Dec 20, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The deal between Cuban infielder Roberto Baldoquin and the Angels became official on Saturday after the 20-year-old passed his physical.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
He profiled as a back-of-the-rotation starter in the United States.
Dec 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Atlanta will also have a fifth-year team option built into the contract.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart denied last week that he was looking to trade Mark Trumbo, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)