Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 8:04 PM EST
The sought-after 26-year-old right-hander has now officially re-signed with the Hiroshima Carp for the 2015 season, according to the Japan Times.
Dec 23, 2014, 7:58 PM EST
19-year-old infield prospect Yoan Moncada defected from his native Cuba over the summer and was declared a free agent by Major League Baseball back in mid-November, but he is still waiting for official clearance from the United States’ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) …
Dec 20, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The deal between Cuban infielder Roberto Baldoquin and the Angels became official on Saturday after the 20-year-old passed his physical.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:58 AM EST
He profiled as a back-of-the-rotation starter in the United States.
Dec 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Atlanta will also have a fifth-year team option built into the contract.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart denied last week that he was looking to trade Mark Trumbo, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Dec 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
A guy who knows’ Tomas’ strengths and weaknesses doesn’t think this is the best idea.
Dec 4, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
It involves an agent who isn’t really an agent, a baby registry, possible violations of the U.S. embargo, Scott Boras spies and armed guards patrolling the third base line.
Dec 2, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
But if you think this is a launchpad for some more Ruben Amaro bashing, think again.
Nov 30, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca reports that left-handed starter Andrew Albers has parted ways with his team in the Korean Baseball Organization and is back in North America seeking a contract for the 2015 baseball season.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
The Dbacks were not in the picture until very recently. But better late than never.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Arizona has been mentioned before as a potential landing spot for Cuban outfielder Yasmany Tomas, but it was never really considered a strong likelihood. Maybe that perception should be changing …
Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
One person says so.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Giants have a Plan B if they can’t bring back Pablo Sandoval.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Not that that necessarily means anything.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Could a team that is unloading salary go nine-figures on an outfielder?
Nov 20, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Presumed front-runners may have changed their minds.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:34 AM EST
The Cuban outfielder is letting his market develop, it seems.
Nov 16, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
The Braves could deal a set-up man now that they’ve added Arodys Vizcaino into the mix.
Nov 15, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
The 19-year-old is one step away from making some serious money in Major League Baseball
Nov 13, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
The Angels are one of a handful of teams showing interest in Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada, but it appears they may be priced out.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
No pressure, Yasmany…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)