Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 8, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is the heavy favorite to win the American League Rookie of the Year Award on Monday, marking the culmination of a mysterious journey out of Cuba last year.
Nov 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
But the Sox are still probably not too interested
Nov 2, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada will hold a showcase for representatives from all 30 MLB teams on November 12.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
It may cost them $100 million to get him, but they certainly could use him.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:08 PM EST
He profiles as a back-of-the-rotation starter.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 5, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe is hearing that Japanese right-hander Kenta Maeda could command $120-130 million.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
The Tigers just scored five runs on ten pitches.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Oct 2, 2014, 6:27 PM EST
This is the 35th playoff game of Cruz’s career and he’s hit 15 homers with a .709 slugging percentage.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
David Price allowed just four hits over 7 1/3 shutout innings and Ian Kinsler went 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBI as the Tigers blanked the Twins 3-0 on Saturday afternoon at Comerica Park to clinch the 2014 American League Central championship.
Sep 26, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
There were few moments in the Yankees captain’s career like the night on Oct. 31, 2001.
Sep 22, 2014, 8:21 PM EST
Tomas, 23, could reportedly command a $100 million contract.
Sep 17, 2014, 9:59 PM EST
CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury hears that Phillies have “legitimate interest” in signing Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas, whose price tag is expected to top $100 million.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Perkins had a 2.44 ERA with just two homers allowed and a 64/9 K/BB ratio in his first 55 innings, but in his last eight appearances he’s given up 10 runs–including five homers–in 6.1 innings for a 14.21 ERA and .429 opponents’ batting average.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Yasmani Tomas, 23, could be the next Cuban defector to hit it big — record-breakingly big — on Major League Baseball’s free agent market. Via Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe …
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)