Dec 24, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
The sought-after 26-year-old right-hander has now officially re-signed with the Hiroshima Carp for the 2015 season, according to the Japan Times.
Dec 23, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
19-year-old infield prospect Yoan Moncada defected from his native Cuba over the summer and was declared a free agent by Major League Baseball back in mid-November, but he is still waiting for official clearance from the United States’ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) …
Dec 20, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The deal between Cuban infielder Roberto Baldoquin and the Angels became official on Saturday after the 20-year-old passed his physical.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
He profiled as a back-of-the-rotation starter in the United States.
Dec 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Atlanta will also have a fifth-year team option built into the contract.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart denied last week that he was looking to trade Mark Trumbo, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Dec 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
A guy who knows’ Tomas’ strengths and weaknesses doesn’t think this is the best idea.
Dec 4, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
It involves an agent who isn’t really an agent, a baby registry, possible violations of the U.S. embargo, Scott Boras spies and armed guards patrolling the third base line.
Dec 2, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
But if you think this is a launchpad for some more Ruben Amaro bashing, think again.
Nov 30, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca reports that left-handed starter Andrew Albers has parted ways with his team in the Korean Baseball Organization and is back in North America seeking a contract for the 2015 baseball season.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
The Dbacks were not in the picture until very recently. But better late than never.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Arizona has been mentioned before as a potential landing spot for Cuban outfielder Yasmany Tomas, but it was never really considered a strong likelihood. Maybe that perception should be changing …
Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
One person says so.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Giants have a Plan B if they can’t bring back Pablo Sandoval.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Not that that necessarily means anything.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Could a team that is unloading salary go nine-figures on an outfielder?
Nov 20, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Presumed front-runners may have changed their minds.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
The Cuban outfielder is letting his market develop, it seems.
Nov 16, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
The Braves could deal a set-up man now that they’ve added Arodys Vizcaino into the mix.
Nov 15, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
The 19-year-old is one step away from making some serious money in Major League Baseball
Nov 13, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
The Angels are one of a handful of teams showing interest in Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada, but it appears they may be priced out.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 8, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is the heavy favorite to win the American League Rookie of the Year Award on Monday, marking the culmination of a mysterious journey out of Cuba last year.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (95)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (95)