Dec 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Atlanta will also have a fifth-year team option built into the contract.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart denied last week that he was looking to trade Mark Trumbo, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Dec 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
A guy who knows’ Tomas’ strengths and weaknesses doesn’t think this is the best idea.
Dec 4, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
It involves an agent who isn’t really an agent, a baby registry, possible violations of the U.S. embargo, Scott Boras spies and armed guards patrolling the third base line.
Dec 2, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
But if you think this is a launchpad for some more Ruben Amaro bashing, think again.
Nov 30, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca reports that left-handed starter Andrew Albers has parted ways with his team in the Korean Baseball Organization and is back in North America seeking a contract for the 2015 baseball season.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
The Dbacks were not in the picture until very recently. But better late than never.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Arizona has been mentioned before as a potential landing spot for Cuban outfielder Yasmany Tomas, but it was never really considered a strong likelihood. Maybe that perception should be changing …
Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
One person says so.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Giants have a Plan B if they can’t bring back Pablo Sandoval.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Not that that necessarily means anything.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Could a team that is unloading salary go nine-figures on an outfielder?
Nov 20, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Presumed front-runners may have changed their minds.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
The Cuban outfielder is letting his market develop, it seems.
Nov 16, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
The Braves could deal a set-up man now that they’ve added Arodys Vizcaino into the mix.
Nov 15, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
The 19-year-old is one step away from making some serious money in Major League Baseball
Nov 13, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
The Angels are one of a handful of teams showing interest in Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada, but it appears they may be priced out.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 8, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is the heavy favorite to win the American League Rookie of the Year Award on Monday, marking the culmination of a mysterious journey out of Cuba last year.
Nov 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
But the Sox are still probably not too interested
Nov 2, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada will hold a showcase for representatives from all 30 MLB teams on November 12.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
It may cost them $100 million to get him, but they certainly could use him.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)