Oct 2, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Oct 2, 2014, 6:27 PM EST
This is the 35th playoff game of Cruz’s career and he’s hit 15 homers with a .709 slugging percentage.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
David Price allowed just four hits over 7 1/3 shutout innings and Ian Kinsler went 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBI as the Tigers blanked the Twins 3-0 on Saturday afternoon at Comerica Park to clinch the 2014 American League Central championship.
Sep 26, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
There were few moments in the Yankees captain’s career like the night on Oct. 31, 2001.
Sep 22, 2014, 8:21 PM EST
Tomas, 23, could reportedly command a $100 million contract.
Sep 17, 2014, 9:59 PM EST
CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury hears that Phillies have “legitimate interest” in signing Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas, whose price tag is expected to top $100 million.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Perkins had a 2.44 ERA with just two homers allowed and a 64/9 K/BB ratio in his first 55 innings, but in his last eight appearances he’s given up 10 runs–including five homers–in 6.1 innings for a 14.21 ERA and .429 opponents’ batting average.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Yasmani Tomas, 23, could be the next Cuban defector to hit it big — record-breakingly big — on Major League Baseball’s free agent market. Via Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe …
Sep 3, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Rusney Castillo is expected to make his major league debut for the Red Sox later this month, according to GM Ben Cherington.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
It’s possible frustration at a bad season got into Bradley’s head.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 31, 2014, 5:11 PM EST
Rusney Castillo made his debut in MLB-affiliated ball on Sunday afternoon with the Gulf Coast League Red Sox, singling through the left side of the infield in his first of two plate appearances and striking out looking in his second.
Aug 30, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
It will be his first game action since 2012.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
The expectation is that Castillo will get some major league experience in September.
Aug 28, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
It’s five o’clock. Let’s end the work day with a big bunch of arguing, ok?
Aug 28, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“Jay Z welcomed him to the States.”
Aug 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Red Sox paid a lot of money to get this guy. Expect him in the Sox’ outfield early next season.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Castillo could reportedly make his decision this weekend.
Aug 18, 2014, 7:16 PM EST
28 teams reportedly attended a showcase for Cuban free agent Rusney Castillo late last month.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EST
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:24 PM EST
The Tigers pulled off a rare feat, scoring once in each offensive inning of their win at home against the Rockies.
Jul 26, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
Nearly 100 baseball officials were reportedly on hand for the showcase.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)