Sep 17, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Perkins had a 2.44 ERA with just two homers allowed and a 64/9 K/BB ratio in his first 55 innings, but in his last eight appearances he’s given up 10 runs–including five homers–in 6.1 innings for a 14.21 ERA and .429 opponents’ batting average.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The Tigers pulled off a rare feat, scoring once in each offensive inning of their win at home against the Rockies.
Jul 1, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
Tigers righty Rick Porcello didn’t record a shutout over the first 163 starts of his major league career. Now he has two shutouts in the past six days.
Jul 1, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez had to be scratched from Monday’s series opener against the Athletics due to soreness in his back and side and he is also sitting out on Tuesday night in Detroit.
Jun 30, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
The Tigers will be without Victor Martinez when they begin a three-game series against the Athletics tonight in Detroit.
Jun 24, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Given how he’s playing these days, he’ll have to. But it’s nice to hear him say it.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
Mar 24, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
J.D. Martinez, who was released by the Astros over the weekend, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Tigers. Martinez was a semi-regular for Houston during the past three seasons, logging 975 plate appearances, but he hit just .251 with 24 homers and a .687 OPS as a corner outfielder. He’s still just 26…
Mar 22, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
After being removed from the 40-man roster during the offseason, outfielder J.D. Martinez was given his release by the Astros this morning. The news comes from Brian McTaggart of MLB.com. Martinez posted some impressive numbers as a prospect in the minors and held his own in the big leagues initially, but he hasn’t enjoyed much…
Dec 14, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
The Rangers announced yesterday that right-hander Ross Wolf was granted his release so that he could pursue an opportunity with the SK Wyverns in the Korean Baseball Organization. Ross, 31, posted a 4.15 ERA and 21/15 K/BB ratio in 47 2/3 innings over three starts and 19 relief appearances with Texas this past season. He…
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 2
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 50
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)