May 6, 2015, 7:04 PM EDT
Tigers right fielder J.D. Martinez had batted either fourth or fifth in his first 26 starts this season, but he is 2-for-25 with 16 strikeouts in his last six games …
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Mar 21, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Kris Bryant’s incredibly hot spring continued on Saturday as he socked another pair of dingers.
Mar 16, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Can the Tigers win a fifth straight AL Central title?
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 3, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
The Tigers just scored five runs on ten pitches.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
Oct 2, 2014, 6:27 PM EDT
This is the 35th playoff game of Cruz’s career and he’s hit 15 homers with a .709 slugging percentage.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
David Price allowed just four hits over 7 1/3 shutout innings and Ian Kinsler went 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBI as the Tigers blanked the Twins 3-0 on Saturday afternoon at Comerica Park to clinch the 2014 American League Central championship.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Perkins had a 2.44 ERA with just two homers allowed and a 64/9 K/BB ratio in his first 55 innings, but in his last eight appearances he’s given up 10 runs–including five homers–in 6.1 innings for a 14.21 ERA and .429 opponents’ batting average.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The Tigers pulled off a rare feat, scoring once in each offensive inning of their win at home against the Rockies.
Jul 1, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
Tigers righty Rick Porcello didn’t record a shutout over the first 163 starts of his major league career. Now he has two shutouts in the past six days.
Jul 1, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez had to be scratched from Monday’s series opener against the Athletics due to soreness in his back and side and he is also sitting out on Tuesday night in Detroit.
Jun 30, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
The Tigers will be without Victor Martinez when they begin a three-game series against the Athletics tonight in Detroit.
Jun 24, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Given how he’s playing these days, he’ll have to. But it’s nice to hear him say it.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)