Aug 19, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Mets rookie right-hander Jacob deGrom threw all of his pitches in a bullpen session Tuesday in Oakland without experiencing any discomfort in his shoulder and has been cleared to return to the starting rotation Saturday night against the Dodgers.
Aug 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
deGrom came out of nowhere this season to post a 2.87 ERA and 94/33 K/BB ratio in 100 innings as a 26-year-old rookie and hasn’t allowed more than three runs in a start since June 16.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
The New York Mets simply can’t have nice things. Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that rookie right-hander Jacob deGrom — who has posted an impressive 2.87 ERA, 1.226 WHIP, and 94 strikeouts across 100 1/3 innings this season — has left the team in Philadelphia to have his throwing shoulder examined after complaining of soreness.
Aug 2, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Something special is going on at Citi Field. Jacob deGrom has held the Giants hitless over six innings while Jake Peavy has been perfect against the Mets through six.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:32 AM EDT
The Dodgers sweep their rivals in San Francisco, the Rays complain about Big Papi and I complain about Southwest Airlines messing with my kids’ vacation.
Jul 23, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The converted shortstop is on a roll.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jun 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
The Mets will hit pitcher Jacob deGrom eighth and Eric Young, Jr. ninth this evening against the Cardinals. This will be the first time in team history that they have hit the pitcher eighth.
May 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
It may be 2014, but Ryan Howard was able to reach another offensive milestone on Saturday against the Mets.
May 31, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
The Mets had to add an arm to their exhausted bullpen today, so they sent young right-hander Rafael Montero back to Triple-A.
May 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Dillon Gee’s remarkable run dating back to last season will be put on hold, as the Mets have placed the right-hander on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)