Aug 19, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Mets rookie right-hander Jacob deGrom threw all of his pitches in a bullpen session Tuesday in Oakland without experiencing any discomfort in his shoulder and has been cleared to return to the starting rotation Saturday night against the Dodgers.
Aug 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
deGrom came out of nowhere this season to post a 2.87 ERA and 94/33 K/BB ratio in 100 innings as a 26-year-old rookie and hasn’t allowed more than three runs in a start since June 16.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
The New York Mets simply can’t have nice things. Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that rookie right-hander Jacob deGrom — who has posted an impressive 2.87 ERA, 1.226 WHIP, and 94 strikeouts across 100 1/3 innings this season — has left the team in Philadelphia to have his throwing shoulder examined after complaining of soreness.
Aug 2, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Something special is going on at Citi Field. Jacob deGrom has held the Giants hitless over six innings while Jake Peavy has been perfect against the Mets through six.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:32 AM EDT
The Dodgers sweep their rivals in San Francisco, the Rays complain about Big Papi and I complain about Southwest Airlines messing with my kids’ vacation.
Jul 23, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The converted shortstop is on a roll.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jun 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
The Mets will hit pitcher Jacob deGrom eighth and Eric Young, Jr. ninth this evening against the Cardinals. This will be the first time in team history that they have hit the pitcher eighth.
May 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
It may be 2014, but Ryan Howard was able to reach another offensive milestone on Saturday against the Mets.
May 31, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
The Mets had to add an arm to their exhausted bullpen today, so they sent young right-hander Rafael Montero back to Triple-A.
May 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Dillon Gee’s remarkable run dating back to last season will be put on hold, as the Mets have placed the right-hander on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle.
- Michael Wacha to make first rehab start Sunday with the Double-A Springfield Cardinals 0
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 20
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)