Aug 7, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff for Ian Kinsler and the Tigers, a possible double-agent fails and then succeeds in the Astros-A’s game and there is evil afoot in Washington and Atlanta.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
It was made possible due to a misplay by Jacoby Ellsbury in center field.
Jul 24, 2015, 7:34 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. the Mets? How is that in any way fair?
Jul 16, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
Tested positive for the stimulant Oxilofrine.
Jul 10, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
There were crazy-good pitching performances galore last night.
Jul 8, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
New York is getting healthy.
Jul 7, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Two key players are ready to rejoin the Yankees after missing extended time with injuries.
Jul 6, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
Jacoby Ellsbury has been out since May 19 with a sprained right knee.
Jun 27, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
Jacoby Ellsbury has been sidelined since May 19 with a sprained right knee, but he’s finally getting closer to rejoining the Yankees.
Jun 17, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
Ellsbury hit .324 with 14 steals and a .783 OPS in 37 games before the injury.
Jun 11, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Hitting .318 with more walks (27) than strikeouts (23) and a .795 OPS in 54 games between Double-A and Triple-A.
May 20, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
“Bum” is a diagnosis that all of the top medical professionals are using these days. You just haven’t heard it much because you don’t hang out with doctors.
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
It’s of utmost importance that this happens.
Apr 22, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
So, you can close the book on Bernie’s career now, right?
Mar 27, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
Kudos to Epstein for a good answer. Kudos to Schilling for a couple of more probing questions.
Mar 25, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Yankees outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury was diagnosed with an oblique strain early last week, but it’s thought to be a fairly minor injury and he is expected to be ready for the beginning of the 2015 regular season.
Mar 25, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
This could be the worst Yankees team in 25 years. It’s also a team that could sneak up and snag a wild card. With the 2015 Yankees, almost all things are possible. For better or worse.
Mar 24, 2015, 11:12 PM EDT
Brian McCann steals the show here.
Mar 17, 2015, 8:14 PM EDT
Yankees manager Joe Girardi described the strain as “mild, mild, mild,” so this isn’t something that should affect Ellsbury’s readiness for the beginning of the regular season.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Young’s one-year deal with the Yankees includes about $4 million in incentives.
Nov 8, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
The Yankees and outfielder Chris Young have agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)