Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Chris Young’s one-year deal with the Yankees includes about $4 million in incentives.
Nov 8, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
The Yankees and outfielder Chris Young have agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.
Nov 8, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
Chris Young finished strong with the Yankees this season after flopping with the Mets and there’s “mutual interest” in him returning to the Bronx.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:06 PM EST
Long has been New York’s hitting coach since 2007.
Oct 8, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
Couple of updates here on the developing market for Cuban defector Yasmany Tomas, who was declared eligible for free agency late last week by Major League Baseball …
Sep 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Jacoby Ellsbury suffered a strained right hamstring in the fourth inning on Friday night against the Blue Jays. He’ll undergo an MRI to determine the severity of the injury.
Aug 30, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
Drew Hutchison and Aaron Sanchez shut down the Jacoby Ellsbury-less Yankees.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Ellsbury injured his left ankle on a slide into home plate on Friday night.
Aug 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Not many rookies in recent MLB history have done as much running as The Fastest Man In Baseball.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 4, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
It doesn’t get much better than this.
Aug 1, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Not bad for a guy who has mostly played second base in pro ball.
Jul 26, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
Nearly 100 baseball officials were reportedly on hand for the showcase.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
Executives from every MLB team are expected to be in attendance at Rusney Castillo’s workout next weekend.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Yangervis Solarte was one of the Yankees’ biggest bright spots early on this season, coming out of nowhere to make the team as a 26-year-old career minor leaguer, grabbing hold of the starting job at third base, and hitting .300 with six homers and an .834 OPS in 49 games through April and May.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
According to manager Joe Girardi “he’s played through this and we fully expect him to be back in there tomorrow.”
Jun 25, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Carlos Beltran has played 17 games for the Yankees since returning from the disabled list for bone spurs in his elbow that may require surgery eventually, but they’ve all been at designated hitter and that’s not going to change anytime soon.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
There aren’t any significant changes in the American League All-Star balloting from last week, but tonight’s update shows that there are still quite a few positions up for grabs. Shortstop is one of them.
Jun 13, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
I took the kids to the Dodgers-Reds game and they saw Yasiel Puig flop about three feet from the second base bag on a caught stealing. Still: beats working.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)