Nov 8, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Chris Young finished strong with the Yankees this season after flopping with the Mets and there’s “mutual interest” in him returning to the Bronx.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
Long has been New York’s hitting coach since 2007.
Oct 8, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
Couple of updates here on the developing market for Cuban defector Yasmany Tomas, who was declared eligible for free agency late last week by Major League Baseball …
Sep 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Jacoby Ellsbury suffered a strained right hamstring in the fourth inning on Friday night against the Blue Jays. He’ll undergo an MRI to determine the severity of the injury.
Aug 30, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
Drew Hutchison and Aaron Sanchez shut down the Jacoby Ellsbury-less Yankees.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Ellsbury injured his left ankle on a slide into home plate on Friday night.
Aug 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Not many rookies in recent MLB history have done as much running as The Fastest Man In Baseball.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 4, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
It doesn’t get much better than this.
Aug 1, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Not bad for a guy who has mostly played second base in pro ball.
Jul 26, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Nearly 100 baseball officials were reportedly on hand for the showcase.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Executives from every MLB team are expected to be in attendance at Rusney Castillo’s workout next weekend.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Yangervis Solarte was one of the Yankees’ biggest bright spots early on this season, coming out of nowhere to make the team as a 26-year-old career minor leaguer, grabbing hold of the starting job at third base, and hitting .300 with six homers and an .834 OPS in 49 games through April and May.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
According to manager Joe Girardi “he’s played through this and we fully expect him to be back in there tomorrow.”
Jun 25, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran has played 17 games for the Yankees since returning from the disabled list for bone spurs in his elbow that may require surgery eventually, but they’ve all been at designated hitter and that’s not going to change anytime soon.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
There aren’t any significant changes in the American League All-Star balloting from last week, but tonight’s update shows that there are still quite a few positions up for grabs. Shortstop is one of them.
Jun 13, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
I took the kids to the Dodgers-Reds game and they saw Yasiel Puig flop about three feet from the second base bag on a caught stealing. Still: beats working.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EDT
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 5, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Trailing in a game does little to affect the Oakland A’s right now.
May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)