Nov 11, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:08 PM EST
That is, a bar that moves. Not a bar in Mobile, Alabama.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EST
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
And he gave Jimmy Fallon some underwear.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Asked about his free agency, Panda only says: “I’m just going to celebrate.”
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 AM EST
As he has done for a decade, really.
Oct 29, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
“When you’re a little kid in the backyard, you always think of World Series games and hitting home runs to win a Game 7 of the World Series or pitching in a big game,” Hudson said. “I’m no different than anybody else.”
Oct 29, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
Recent history has definitely favored the home team, which has won each of the past nine Game 7’s.
Oct 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Maybe the Giants should’ve just forfeited?
Oct 28, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
Giants starter Jake Peavy suffered a bruised right thumb while trying to reach for a foul ball in Game 3 of the World Series last Friday in San Francisco and didn’t have much finish on his pitches out of the gate in Game 6.
Oct 28, 2014, 7:43 PM EST
Royals manager Ned Yost announced to the media Tuesday in Kansas City — a few hours prior to Game 6 of the World Series — that Jeremy Guthrie will get the nod if his club is able to force a Game 7.
Oct 28, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Peavy has a 7.05 ERA in eight postseason starts, including allowing four runs in five innings against Kansas City in Game 2.
Oct 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 28, 2014, 8:34 AM EST
Like Peavy, I have a fifth grader who blabs too much. I feel for the guy.
Oct 28, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
Yodano Ventura stands between the Giants and champagne.
Madison Bumgarner tosses 5-0 shutout in Game 5 to send Giants up 3-2 in the World Series over the Royals
Oct 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
The Giants head to Kansas City for Game 6 of the World Series against the Royals with a 3-2 series lead after Madison Bumgarner tossed a 5-0 shutout on Sunday night.
Oct 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
A handful of Giants players impersonate manager Bruce Bochy. Tim Hudson likens him to Slingblade.
Oct 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed that Jake Peavy will start Game 6 and Tim Hudson will start Game 7 if the World Series extends that far.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:44 AM EST
The rookie didn’t have control. With his pitches or with his emotions.
Oct 23, 2014, 2:25 AM EST
Petit deserves the nod over probable starter Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 PM EST
Yordano Ventura held the Giants to two runs over five-plus innings and the Kansas City offense awoke for seven runs on 10 hits as the Royals evened up the 2014 World Series at a win apiece with a 7-2 Game 2 victory on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
The host Royals have the visiting Giants right where they want them in Game 2 of the World Series.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:48 PM EST
Game 2 of the World Series has been a back-and-forth affair thus far, with the visiting Giants scoring single runs in the first and fourth innings and the Royals scoring in the first and second. It’s all square at 2-2 as the action shifts to the top of the sixth.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:39 PM EST
The Giants jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning Tuesday before eventually winning Game 1 of the World Series in a 7-1 rout. And they got off to another fast start in Game 2 on Wednesday night, but the Royals were able to answer right back.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 0
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 42
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 39
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)