Oct 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
A handful of Giants players impersonate manager Bruce Bochy. Tim Hudson likens him to Slingblade.
Oct 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed that Jake Peavy will start Game 6 and Tim Hudson will start Game 7 if the World Series extends that far.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:44 AM EST
The rookie didn’t have control. With his pitches or with his emotions.
Oct 23, 2014, 2:25 AM EST
Petit deserves the nod over probable starter Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 PM EST
Yordano Ventura held the Giants to two runs over five-plus innings and the Kansas City offense awoke for seven runs on 10 hits as the Royals evened up the 2014 World Series at a win apiece with a 7-2 Game 2 victory on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
The host Royals have the visiting Giants right where they want them in Game 2 of the World Series.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:48 PM EST
Game 2 of the World Series has been a back-and-forth affair thus far, with the visiting Giants scoring single runs in the first and fourth innings and the Royals scoring in the first and second. It’s all square at 2-2 as the action shifts to the top of the sixth.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:39 PM EST
The Giants jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning Tuesday before eventually winning Game 1 of the World Series in a 7-1 rout. And they got off to another fast start in Game 2 on Wednesday night, but the Royals were able to answer right back.
Oct 22, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
The celebration was over before it really began Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium. Can the Royals get the party started again?
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
And to fight history: 15 of the last 17 Game 1 winners have gone on to win the World Series.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:58 AM EST
It’s up to the rookie in Wednesday’s Game 2.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:41 PM EST
The 2014 Royals have finally dropped a postseason game. And it was an ugly one for the home team.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:32 AM EST
Buster Posey, Joe Panik, Pablo Sandoval, Javier Lopez, Jake Peavy and a few other Giants talk about their upcoming World Series matchup against the Royals …
Oct 18, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner and Jake Peavy will start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EST
The Royals will host the first two games of the World Series.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:14 PM EST
Hunter Pence tied the game up with an RBI single in the sixth inning as the Giants pieced together a two-out rally in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:54 PM EST
There were four questionable managerial decisions made in the bottom of the fourth inning of NLCS Game 2 between the Cardinals and Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
Matt Carpenter’s post-season rampage continues. He hit his fourth home run in six playoff games, giving the Cardinals a 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Yadier Molina is now the Cardinals’ all-time post-season hits leader, passing Albert Pujols with a second-inning single in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Oscar Taveras didn’t have the best showing after making his major league debut on May 31. He’s on the bench once again as the Cardinals and Giants play Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLCS on Sunday night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis …
Oct 12, 2014, 3:18 PM EST
Jake Peavy has resurrected his career in San Francisco, and now the Giants are interested in bringing him back for 2015 and beyond.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)