Oct 22, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
The celebration was over before it really began Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium. Can the Royals get the party started again?
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
And to fight history: 15 of the last 17 Game 1 winners have gone on to win the World Series.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:58 AM EST
It’s up to the rookie in Wednesday’s Game 2.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:41 PM EST
The 2014 Royals have finally dropped a postseason game. And it was an ugly one for the home team.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:32 AM EST
Buster Posey, Joe Panik, Pablo Sandoval, Javier Lopez, Jake Peavy and a few other Giants talk about their upcoming World Series matchup against the Royals …
Oct 18, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner and Jake Peavy will start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EST
The Royals will host the first two games of the World Series.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:14 PM EST
Hunter Pence tied the game up with an RBI single in the sixth inning as the Giants pieced together a two-out rally in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:54 PM EST
There were four questionable managerial decisions made in the bottom of the fourth inning of NLCS Game 2 between the Cardinals and Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
Matt Carpenter’s post-season rampage continues. He hit his fourth home run in six playoff games, giving the Cardinals a 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Yadier Molina is now the Cardinals’ all-time post-season hits leader, passing Albert Pujols with a second-inning single in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Oscar Taveras didn’t have the best showing after making his major league debut on May 31. He’s on the bench once again as the Cardinals and Giants play Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLCS on Sunday night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis …
Oct 12, 2014, 3:18 PM EST
Jake Peavy has resurrected his career in San Francisco, and now the Giants are interested in bringing him back for 2015 and beyond.
Oct 12, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
It’s a travel day on the American League side of things, so all of the focus will be on Game 2 of the National League Championship Series on Sunday night in St. Louis. Let’s preview the action …
Oct 11, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
The Giants had an easy time taking care of the Cardinals in Game 1 of the NLCS thanks to another strong start from Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 8, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
No surprises for manager Bruce Bochy.
Oct 7, 2014, 9:28 AM EST
Two teams have their backs against the wall. They both give you a totally different feeling right now, don’t they?
Oct 6, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy also announced that Jake Peavy would start Game 5, if needed.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Jake Peavy vs. Stephen Strasburg.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 141
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 66
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (140)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)