Oct 22, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
It’s up to the rookie in Wednesday’s Game 2.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:41 PM EDT
The 2014 Royals have finally dropped a postseason game. And it was an ugly one for the home team.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT
Buster Posey, Joe Panik, Pablo Sandoval, Javier Lopez, Jake Peavy and a few other Giants talk about their upcoming World Series matchup against the Royals …
Oct 18, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner and Jake Peavy will start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
The Royals will host the first two games of the World Series.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Hunter Pence tied the game up with an RBI single in the sixth inning as the Giants pieced together a two-out rally in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:54 PM EDT
There were four questionable managerial decisions made in the bottom of the fourth inning of NLCS Game 2 between the Cardinals and Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter’s post-season rampage continues. He hit his fourth home run in six playoff games, giving the Cardinals a 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Yadier Molina is now the Cardinals’ all-time post-season hits leader, passing Albert Pujols with a second-inning single in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Oscar Taveras didn’t have the best showing after making his major league debut on May 31. He’s on the bench once again as the Cardinals and Giants play Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLCS on Sunday night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis …
Oct 12, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
Jake Peavy has resurrected his career in San Francisco, and now the Giants are interested in bringing him back for 2015 and beyond.
Oct 12, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s a travel day on the American League side of things, so all of the focus will be on Game 2 of the National League Championship Series on Sunday night in St. Louis. Let’s preview the action …
Oct 11, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
The Giants had an easy time taking care of the Cardinals in Game 1 of the NLCS thanks to another strong start from Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 8, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
No surprises for manager Bruce Bochy.
Oct 7, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
Two teams have their backs against the wall. They both give you a totally different feeling right now, don’t they?
Oct 6, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy also announced that Jake Peavy would start Game 5, if needed.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Stephen Strasburg.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
Oct 2, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Peavy struggled for the Red Sox last season and this season, but then posted a 2.17 ERA in 12 starts for the Giants following a July 26 trade.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)