Sep 4, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
James Paxton will sit for a few days while his fingernail heals, then resume rehabbing with Triple-A Tacoma.
Jun 24, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Paxton has been on the disabled list since late May with a strained middle finger.
Jun 11, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. shot down a report today that he was asking for James Paxton or Taijuan Walker from the Mariners in return for Ben Revere.
May 29, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
The Mariners will lose starter James Paxton for a couple of weeks due to strained finger tendon.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
The pitching is great and the offense should be better. But is better good enough?
Dec 13, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
There is a bit of uncertainty around Mariners shortstop Brad Miller, but the club sounds intent on keeping him in town.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a crucial series in the AL Wild Card race.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The hourglass is running low on this team.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
The Mariners have won five straight games while the Tigers have dropped seven out of their last 10.
Aug 2, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
The Mariners outrighted Blake Beavan and placed Corey Hart on the disabled list, making room for James Paxton to come off of the disabled list.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Paxton has begun his career by going 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA in six starts dating back to last season’s debut.
Jul 1, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Taijuan Walker rejoined the Mariners’ rotation yesterday after a long time on the sidelines and fellow top pitching prospect James Paxton is finally making some progress in his return as well.
May 29, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Taijuan Walker made his first minor-league rehab start last night as he comes back from a shoulder injury and the Mariners rookie wasn’t thrilled with his performance against Triple-A hitters.
May 28, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
James Paxton appeared to be on the verge of coming off the disabled list and rejoining the Mariners’ rotation after missing the past six weeks with a shoulder injury, but now the rookie left-hander has been shut down again.
May 1, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Out since early spring training with a finger injury, Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma is expected to come off the disabled list and make his season debut Saturday against the Astros.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma was expected to begin a minor-league rehab assignment this week as he comes back from a spring training finger injury, but instead the team had him throw a 58-pitch simulated game yesterday.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Left-hander James Paxton has been on the disabled list since April 9 and Adam Jude of the Seattle Times reports that the Mariners rookie is unlikely to rejoin the rotation until at least late May.
Apr 18, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Out since February with a strained tendon in his middle finger, Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma threw a simulated game today without any problems and has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment.
Apr 12, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Taijuan Walker will have to make one more rehab start before returning to the Mariners’ rotation. Blake Beavan will get a spot start as a result.
Apr 9, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Mariners left-handed starter James Paxton owns a ridiculous 1.75 ERA and 0.83 WHIP through his first 36 innings at the major league level. But it’s going to be a while before he gets to add to that stat line. He was placed on the disabled list Wednesday with a lat strain.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)