Jan 26, 2015, 10:57 AM EST
Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Jan 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
I’d prefer to work on the west coast too, but that’s not how life is working out. Maybe it’ll work out better for Big Game James.
Jan 22, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
James Shields is still without a home and we can take one team off the list of potential landing spots.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
He’s still available, you guys.
Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 PM EST
Jon Lester signed a six-year, $155 million contract with the Cubs in December and Max Scherzer struck a seven-year, $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals, which leaves James Shields as the last remaining front-line starting pitcher on this winter’s free agent market.
Jan 19, 2015, 7:57 PM EST
After dealing Yovani Gallardo to the Rangers, many speculated that the Brewers will make a run at free agent right-hander James Shields. Brewers GM Doug Melvin doesn’t see it happening.
Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 PM EST
The Rangers are on the verge of acquiring starter Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
Jan 17, 2015, 7:31 PM EST
The Blue Jays are back in the mix for free agent right-hander James Shields, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
Jan 17, 2015, 9:25 AM EST
The Tigers have been connected to free agent starters Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Jan 16, 2015, 8:54 PM EST
It doesn’t sound like the Rangers are going to make a big splash in the free agent pitching market.
Jan 13, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
There are “false” baseball teams? Who knew?
Jan 12, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
Rosenthal speculates that Arizona’s interest is a “strong indication” that Shields’ market is not at $100 million.
Jan 5, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
“We’re not in the mix.”
Jan 5, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
James Shields has a five-year, $110 million offer from an unknown team according to a report from Ken Rosenthal.
Jan 4, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
The Marlins are showing interest in James Shields, though they still hope Dan Haren shows up to spring training.
Jan 4, 2015, 11:13 AM EST
It’s hard to get a read on James Shields’ market.
Jan 2, 2015, 9:52 PM EST
No James Shields or Max Scherzer for the Giants, but Ben Zobrist remains an option according to a recent report.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 21, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
The field for James Shields has been winnowed down to a few, namely the Giants and Red Sox.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Giants reportedly have no plans to attempt to initiate contract talk with free agent Max Scherzer.
Dec 16, 2014, 6:19 PM EST
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reported last week that the Rays had received calls from “about a half-dozen teams” regarding the availability of young outfielder Wil Myers. And it appears the Tampa Bay front office was paying attention to those calls …
Dec 14, 2014, 1:12 PM EST
Via’s Nick Cafardo’s Sunday notebook in the Boston Globe …
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)