Dec 14, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
Michael Morse, one of the few remaining enticing free agents, is on the Marlins’ radar.
Sep 15, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Jim DeShaies previously did it with the Astros in a start against the Dodgers on September 23, 1986.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 13, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“Had we had him in a situation where we needed to score a run, we probably would have had to hit for him.”
Aug 6, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Jarred Cosart’s tenure with the Marlins is not off to an especially strong start. He surrendered four runs over just 5 1/3 innings in his debut last Friday night against the Reds, and now the 24-year-old right-hander — who was acquired from the Astros at the July 31 trade deadline — is dealing with an injury.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Some pitching heading Miami’s way.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 30, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
The 44-64 Astros could jump into this seller-friendly market before Thursday’s 4 p.m. ET trade deadline. Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Houston is “looking to move” first baseman and designated hitter Chris Carter.
Jul 1, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
There’s something to talk about in Houston besides yesterday’s leaked documents and PR disaster.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EST
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
Jun 7, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
Prospect Domingo Santana was shipped to the Astros in the Hunter Pence deal in 2011, but the Phillies reportedly included him by accident.
Jun 6, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
The Twins made it a clean sweep of relievers in Rounds 3-5, while the Phillies drafted a guy just coming off a DUI arrest.
May 5, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
In the time it took to write this excerpt, Ike Davis just struck out looking twice.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:24 AM EST
Can’t someone please write these things down so we can all keep track?
Apr 3, 2014, 6:59 AM EST
The Blue Jays 2013 plan worked out pretty well for their second game in 2014. And Jonathan Papelbon shows us the meaning of accountability. In his own special way.
Mar 26, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Houston Astros. The Big Question: One hundred losses again, right? Depends on how long the Astros keep their prospects on…
Feb 10, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
Astros right-hander Jarred Cosart learned a valuable lesson today on how to handle himself on social media. Cosart was joking around with Phillies minor league outfielder (and former teammate) Tyson Gillies on Twitter and used a homophobic slur to describe Canadian pop musician Justin Bieber. The tweet was soon deleted and he eventually issued the…
Feb 3, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Having finished with baseball’s worst record three straight years, the Astros have mastered the art of being bad. And it’s worked out for them; thanks to their early draft picks and some veteran-for-prospects trades, they now boast one of the game’s very best farm systems. That left the Astros with a decision to make entering…
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)