Sep 15, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Jim DeShaies previously did it with the Astros in a start against the Dodgers on September 23, 1986.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 13, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“Had we had him in a situation where we needed to score a run, we probably would have had to hit for him.”
Aug 6, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Jarred Cosart’s tenure with the Marlins is not off to an especially strong start. He surrendered four runs over just 5 1/3 innings in his debut last Friday night against the Reds, and now the 24-year-old right-hander — who was acquired from the Astros at the July 31 trade deadline — is dealing with an injury.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Some pitching heading Miami’s way.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 30, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
The 44-64 Astros could jump into this seller-friendly market before Thursday’s 4 p.m. ET trade deadline. Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Houston is “looking to move” first baseman and designated hitter Chris Carter.
Jul 1, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
There’s something to talk about in Houston besides yesterday’s leaked documents and PR disaster.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EDT
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
Jun 7, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
Prospect Domingo Santana was shipped to the Astros in the Hunter Pence deal in 2011, but the Phillies reportedly included him by accident.
Jun 6, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The Twins made it a clean sweep of relievers in Rounds 3-5, while the Phillies drafted a guy just coming off a DUI arrest.
May 5, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
In the time it took to write this excerpt, Ike Davis just struck out looking twice.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:24 AM EDT
Can’t someone please write these things down so we can all keep track?
Apr 3, 2014, 6:59 AM EDT
The Blue Jays 2013 plan worked out pretty well for their second game in 2014. And Jonathan Papelbon shows us the meaning of accountability. In his own special way.
Mar 26, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Houston Astros. The Big Question: One hundred losses again, right? Depends on how long the Astros keep their prospects on…
Feb 10, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Astros right-hander Jarred Cosart learned a valuable lesson today on how to handle himself on social media. Cosart was joking around with Phillies minor league outfielder (and former teammate) Tyson Gillies on Twitter and used a homophobic slur to describe Canadian pop musician Justin Bieber. The tweet was soon deleted and he eventually issued the…
Feb 3, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Having finished with baseball’s worst record three straight years, the Astros have mastered the art of being bad. And it’s worked out for them; thanks to their early draft picks and some veteran-for-prospects trades, they now boast one of the game’s very best farm systems. That left the Astros with a decision to make entering…
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)