Jul 4, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
Kris Bryant had a monster night at the plate on Saturday against the Marlins.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Jarred Cosart had a rough outing on Saturday and will try to straighten things out at Triple-A.
Jun 20, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
Tom Koehler is dealing with neck/back issue, so the Marlins have called up prospect left-hander Justin Nicolino to make his major league debut tonight against the Reds.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Latos has struggled to the tune of a 6.12 ERA across nine starts this season.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
The Mets are now 15-5 on the young season and already hold an eight-game lead over the Nationals in the National League East.
MLB investigation shows Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart illegally gambled on sports, but did not bet on baseball
Apr 3, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
So much for those claims of being “hacked” last week.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Mar 25, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Cosart deleted his account after some exchanges which suggested he “bets LARGE.”
Dec 14, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Michael Morse, one of the few remaining enticing free agents, is on the Marlins’ radar.
Sep 15, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Jim DeShaies previously did it with the Astros in a start against the Dodgers on September 23, 1986.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 13, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“Had we had him in a situation where we needed to score a run, we probably would have had to hit for him.”
Aug 6, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Jarred Cosart’s tenure with the Marlins is not off to an especially strong start. He surrendered four runs over just 5 1/3 innings in his debut last Friday night against the Reds, and now the 24-year-old right-hander — who was acquired from the Astros at the July 31 trade deadline — is dealing with an injury.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Some pitching heading Miami’s way.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 30, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
The 44-64 Astros could jump into this seller-friendly market before Thursday’s 4 p.m. ET trade deadline. Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Houston is “looking to move” first baseman and designated hitter Chris Carter.
Jul 1, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
There’s something to talk about in Houston besides yesterday’s leaked documents and PR disaster.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EDT
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
Jun 7, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
Prospect Domingo Santana was shipped to the Astros in the Hunter Pence deal in 2011, but the Phillies reportedly included him by accident.
Jun 6, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The Twins made it a clean sweep of relievers in Rounds 3-5, while the Phillies drafted a guy just coming off a DUI arrest.
May 5, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
In the time it took to write this excerpt, Ike Davis just struck out looking twice.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:24 AM EDT
Can’t someone please write these things down so we can all keep track?
Apr 3, 2014, 6:59 AM EDT
The Blue Jays 2013 plan worked out pretty well for their second game in 2014. And Jonathan Papelbon shows us the meaning of accountability. In his own special way.
Mar 26, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Houston Astros. The Big Question: One hundred losses again, right? Depends on how long the Astros keep their prospects on…
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)