Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 27, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Butler and Aoki were on the bench while the series was being played under National League rules for Games 3-5 in San Francisco.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
Oct 26, 2014, 3:35 PM EST
James Shields and Madison Bumgarner square off again, this time in Game 5 of the World Series, which is tied up at 2-2. This is the final game of the series to be played at AT&T Park in San Francisco. The two clubs will travel on Monday for Game 6 (and possibly 7) in Kansas City.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
The Giants rallied against Jason Vargas and the Royals’ bullpen to tie Game 4 of the World Series at 4-4.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Royals rallied and now lead the Giants 4-1 in Game 4 of the World Series.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:32 PM EST
Jason Vargas vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Ned Yost was hoping that Jarrod Dyson made an out last night. Really.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
The Royals have a narrow lead through the first three innings of Game 3 of the World Series against the Giants.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:17 PM EST
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Tim Hudson.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:13 AM EST
We’re tied 1-1. I guess that doesn’t make Game 3 “crucial.” Maybe it makes it “pivotal.” Not sure. Gonna have to consult my baseball cliche dictionary.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:16 PM EST
Aoki’s defense has been an issue throughout the postseason, with Yost frequently taking him out late in games.
Oct 15, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
Ned Yost’s team is going to the World Series. Ned Yost’s team. Ned Yost…
Oct 15, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Sadly, he apologized. People just don’t taunt like they used to, man.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:39 AM EST
And he says the Orioles probably don’t think it is either.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
Statcast, MLBAM’s player tracking technology, took a deeper look at how Royals outfielder Jarrod Dyson was caught stealing in the seventh inning of Game 1 of the ALCS against the Orioles last night.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:07 AM EST
So much weirdness packed into 10 innings.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:34 AM EST
Alex Gordon and Mike Moustakas both homered in the top of the 10th inning, giving the Royals a three-run lead as they attempt to take Game 1 of the ALCS from the Orioles.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
He’s certainly up there. Let’s learn a bit about him, shall we?
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:41 AM EST
Overstocking the bullpen has done the Halos little good so far.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:25 AM EST
You get a bunt and you get a bunt and you get a bunt!
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)