Alex Gordon takes live batting practice for the first time since suffering groin injury in early July
Aug 9, 2015, 1:44 PM EDT
Royals left fielder Alex Gordon made a significant stride Saturday in his recovery from a Grade 2 left groin strain, taking live batting practice on the field at Kauffman Stadium.
Jul 9, 2015, 11:53 AM EDT
As bad as it looked Wednesday night.
Jul 9, 2015, 8:57 AM EDT
One of them was unfortunate, the other one made possible by an unfortunate choice.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Paulo Orlando did what kids pretend to do in their backyards: he hit a walk-off grand slam.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Rios came to the Royals via free agency as the replacement for Norichika Aoki.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
Dyson requested $1.6 million and the Royals countered at $900,000.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 27, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Butler and Aoki were on the bench while the series was being played under National League rules for Games 3-5 in San Francisco.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
Oct 26, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
James Shields and Madison Bumgarner square off again, this time in Game 5 of the World Series, which is tied up at 2-2. This is the final game of the series to be played at AT&T Park in San Francisco. The two clubs will travel on Monday for Game 6 (and possibly 7) in Kansas City.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
The Giants rallied against Jason Vargas and the Royals’ bullpen to tie Game 4 of the World Series at 4-4.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Royals rallied and now lead the Giants 4-1 in Game 4 of the World Series.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Jason Vargas vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Ned Yost was hoping that Jarrod Dyson made an out last night. Really.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
The Royals have a narrow lead through the first three innings of Game 3 of the World Series against the Giants.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Tim Hudson.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:13 AM EDT
We’re tied 1-1. I guess that doesn’t make Game 3 “crucial.” Maybe it makes it “pivotal.” Not sure. Gonna have to consult my baseball cliche dictionary.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Aoki’s defense has been an issue throughout the postseason, with Yost frequently taking him out late in games.
Oct 15, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
Ned Yost’s team is going to the World Series. Ned Yost’s team. Ned Yost…
Oct 15, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Sadly, he apologized. People just don’t taunt like they used to, man.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
And he says the Orioles probably don’t think it is either.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Statcast, MLBAM’s player tracking technology, took a deeper look at how Royals outfielder Jarrod Dyson was caught stealing in the seventh inning of Game 1 of the ALCS against the Orioles last night.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 38
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)