Aug 20, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
You see something new in baseball all the time.
Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 19, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
54 steals … and a .272 on-base percentage.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Starling Marte’s defense prevented Mark Melancon from blowing a save and potentially taking a loss.
Mar 15, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
From John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer comes word that Reds outfielder Jason Bourgeois suffered a fracture in his left shoulder while sliding into a base and will be sidelined for the next 4-6 weeks.
Aug 15, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT
Yankees 11, Angels 3: Holy cow, Alfonso Soriano. Two homers and seven RBI. The old guy has four homers, six runs scored and 13 RBI in his last two games. The Yankees have won four straight. Reds 5, Cubs 0: Seven shutout innings from Bronson Arroyo helps the Redlegs snag the three-game sweep. My friend Mark,…
Dec 6, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
As noted by Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Rays have signed outfielder Jason Bourgeois to a minor league contract. It does not come with an invitation to spring training, meaning the 30-year-old has little chance of cracking the Opening Day roster. Bourgeois hit .258/.303/.323 with no home runs and five RBI in…
Apr 22, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Things will be different one of these years, I imagine. It just won’t be this one. The Royals fell to 3-12 by losing 5-3 to the Blue Jays on Sunday. Toronto got its fifth run on a double-steal with two outs in the top of the eighth. Here’s the video. Humberto Quintero opted to throw…
Apr 12, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
Lorenzo Cain had a huge spring training, hitting .371 with five homers and a 1.193 OPS in 27 games, but he went just 2-for-15 to begin the season and has now been placed on the disabled list with a groin injury. Cain suffered the injury Tuesday and the Royals indicated that he was likely to…
Mar 25, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
24-year-old Johnny Giavotella was expected to be the Royals’ second baseman and No. 2 hitter this season. After 44 at-bats this spring in which he hit .250/.267/.318, he’s on his way back to Triple-A. The Royals demoted the New Orleans product on Sunday, opting instead to go with Chris Getz and Yuniesky Betancourt as their…
Mar 20, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Kansas City has added a pair of bench players by acquiring catcher Humberto Quintero and outfielder Jason Bourgeois from the Astros for minor leaguer Kevin Chapman and a player to be named later. Quintero became expendable in Houston with Jason Castro back from injury and veteran Chris Snyder signed this offseason, but his ineptitude offensively…
Feb 9, 2012, 12:30 AM EDT
The 2012 Astros are pretty sure bets to lose 100 games, with the big question being whether they’ll top last year’s mark of 106 losses. That achievement will be tied to their ability to move the contracts of Wandy Rodriguez, Brett Myers and Carlos Lee. Ideally, they’d be able to sell off at least the…
Feb 2, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
After declaring the Houston Astros in position of the game’s worst rotation earlier today, I thought it’d be fun to look at the rest of the worst. So here are MLB’s most gruesome position situations heading into the 2012 season: Catcher: Dodgers – A.J. Ellis, Matt Treanor, Tim Federowicz The Dodgers let the slugging-heavy Rod Barajas…
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 132
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (132)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)