Jul 21, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
There’s no room for Nick Franklin in Seattle because the Mariners don’t trust his defense at shortstop and Robinson Cano kind of has second base locked down for a while, but he’d make plenty of sense for a lot of other teams.
Jul 20, 2014, 12:53 AM EST
The rare feat had been accomplished 23 times since 1914.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
What contenders are just a pretenders? Who needs to make a big trade? Who actually WILL make a big trade? Come on in for all of your second half preview needs.
Jul 13, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Athletics avoided a series sweep in Seattle. With their win, their 59th of the season, the A’s set a franchise mark for wins at the All-Star break.
Jul 13, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
A’s starter Drew Pomeranz made his minor league rehab debut on Saturday night with the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats. And it was promising. The left-hander struck out seven, walked none, and yielded only one hit — a solo home run — over four strong innings.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija pitched well and got a win — only his third of the season — in his debut with the Athletics.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
The Tigers — Justin Verlander specifically — have booted the Athletics out of the ALDS in each of the last two seasons in heart-breaking Game Fives. That’s why Verlander thinks that the A’s had them in mind when they acquired Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel from the Cubs on Friday.
Jul 5, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
The A’s did a bit of roster maneuvering in the wake of Friday’s Jeff Samardzija/Jason Hammel trade.
Jul 5, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Darwin Barney is feeling a little lonely in the Cubs’ clubhouse these days.
Jul 5, 2014, 2:24 PM EST
The A’s have strongly positioned themselves for another run in October after their trade with the Cubs, but they also considered a deal for the Rays’ David Price.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:18 AM EST
Get excited, Cubs fans. You too, fantasy leaguers.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Billy Beane gets a jump on the trade market by parting with Addison Russell, Billy McKinney.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
Outfield prospect Billy McKinney and right-hander Dan Straily also on the move to the Cubs.
Jun 20, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
The Yankees may be on the prowl for a rotation upgrade in the coming weeks.
Jun 17, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
I’m mostly happy that I get to use this pic. Oh my God, this pic.
Jun 16, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Analysis: Giancarlo Stanton hits baseballs really hard.
Jun 14, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
The number of sellers before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline will likely be limited. The Cubs are one of the obvious ones and they are already talking about potential trades.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
The urban legend had Theo Epstein destroying a hotel room after he found out Jose Contreras decided on the New York Yankees.
May 16, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
How much longer will Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel be in Chicago?
May 10, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
Dan Uggla was not in Friday’s lineup and is slashing an ugly .184/.241/.272 on the season. Manager Fredi Gonzalez plans to discuss Uggla’s role on the team soon.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 10, 2014, 7:06 AM EST
I saw Captain America last night. It was way better than the first few innings of the Tigers-Dodgers game.
Apr 4, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
Discover the one weird trick Coco Crisp used to hit a walkoff home run in last night’s Mariners-A’s game. The answer may shock you!
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)