Jul 16, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
At the risk of stating the obvious, the best player in baseball is having the best season in the American League.
Jul 15, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Few teams have underachieved like the Indians did in the first half. But there are a couple of reasons to think things will look brighter after the All-Star break.
Jul 14, 2015, 11:14 PM EDT
The National League has two more turns at bat to make up four runs.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
We’re in the top of the seventh and substitutions are coming quickly, but the game remains tight.
Jul 11, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Brian Dozier is an All-Star after all. He’ll be replacing Jose Bautista on the AL squad.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:28 AM EDT
Short version: Ned Yost thinks this is an actual baseball game!
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
Jul 4, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
Bauer also had a heck of an at-bat in the process.
Jun 23, 2015, 9:32 AM EDT
He’s at .346/.422/.511 with five home runs, 30 RBI, 47 runs scored, and 10 stolen bases on the season.
Jun 13, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Justin Verlander pitched well over five innings in his 2015 season debut on Saturday against the Indians.
Jun 1, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
If voting ended today, five Royals would be starting for the A.L. And a sixth is catching up to Miguel Cabrera.
Jun 1, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Jason Kipnis. Al Simmons. Ty Cobb.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 27, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Four-year-old Adriana Aviles was diagnosed with leukemia.
May 3, 2015, 11:43 AM EDT
Veteran outfielder Michael Bourn was held out of the Indians’ starting lineup on Saturday with what was called a cervical strain. That sounded like a pretty serious injury, but all appears to be fine …
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 10, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Pitching has been the Tigers’ forte to start the season. They hadn’t allowed an earned run until the sixth inning on Friday against the Indians — their fourth game of the season.
Mar 24, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
Are the Indians trending up or down entering Terry Francona’s third year as manager?
Nov 2, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Indians shortstop prospect Francisco Lindor will have to prove himself at Triple-A at the start of the 2015 season before the club thinks about promoting him.
Oct 19, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis had a poor showing in 2014 and the club is changing up his conditioning program in attempt to help him regain some speed.
Sep 24, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
A solid play from the Indians’ second baseman.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Jason Kipnis is listed as day-to-day with a sore right hamstring.
Sep 11, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
After a breakout, All-Star season last year Jason Kipnis has struggled this year, hitting just .248 with six homers and a .664 OPS that represents a 150-point drop.
Jul 6, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Indians outfielder Michael Bourn has been placed on the 15-day disabled list after again injuring his left hamstring.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 0
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 20
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 43
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)