Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash”
Aug 4, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Gregg Zaun, as always, providing a voice of reason.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A monster day for the young — Mike Trout — and for the old — David Ortiz.
Jul 22, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
In the market for rotation help.
Jul 21, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
A lot can change in a year.
Jun 24, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Kansas City’s injury wrecked rotation just got a little healthier.
Jun 13, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
Vargas already had one stint on the disabled list this season due to the injury.
May 25, 2015, 10:41 AM EDT
Initially the Royals planned to merely push back Duffy’s next start.
May 8, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
Tommy John surgery is the fear.
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
Dollar for dollar, this starter gives his team more value than just about anyone.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
The exit velocity on the blast checked in at 113 mph.
Mar 25, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Yost said the way Ventura pitched in Game 6 of the 2014 World Series gave the entire team confidence that he is ready to be the leader of a pitching staff that lost James Shields this winter to free agency.
Mar 7, 2015, 12:47 PM EDT
The Royals added some rotation depth Saturday by signing right-hander Chris Young to a one-year contract.
Dec 17, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
From CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman comes word that the Royals have agreed to terms on a two-year, $20 million free agent contract with Edinson Volquez.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
“Obviously, he definitely would have been one of our starters.”
Oct 26, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
The Giants scored 10 unanswered runs against the Royals en route to an 11-4 win in Game 4 of the World Series. The series is now tied at 2-2 going into Sunday’s Game 5.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
The Giants rallied against Jason Vargas and the Royals’ bullpen to tie Game 4 of the World Series at 4-4.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Royals rallied and now lead the Giants 4-1 in Game 4 of the World Series.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
The Giants took a 1-0 lead over the Royals in the first inning thanks to Gregor Blanco’s speed.
Oct 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed that Jake Peavy will start Game 6 and Tim Hudson will start Game 7 if the World Series extends that far.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Jason Vargas vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
After losing Game 1, the Royals have responded with two straight victories to grab a lead in the series. Can the Giants answer? That’s the big question going into Game 4.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
The Royals’ bullpen was solid, allowing only two base runners in four innings to preserve Jeremy Guthrie’s win in Game 3 of the World Series against the Giants.
Bruce Bochy, Dave Righetti have discussed using Madison Bumgarner on short rest if Giants lose Game 3
Oct 24, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Giants have kicked around the idea of using Madison Bumgarner on short rest if they lose Game 3 of the World Series against the Royals.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)