Oct 11, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
It will be Guthrie’s first career postseason appearance.
Oct 7, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
Ventura had an ugly relief appearance in the Wild Card Game, but the 23-year-old rookie bounced back with seven innings of one-run ball against the Angels in Game 2 of the ALDS.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:32 AM EST
The former MVP underwhelms in Game 1 versus the Royals.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EST
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 2, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Herrera had a 1.41 ERA over 70 appearances during the regular season.
Oct 2, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
David Freese now has eight career postseason home runs.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Jason Vargas, who spent last season in the Angels’ rotation before signing with the Royals as a free agent, will start Game 1 for Kansas City.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:19 PM EST
The Angels have announced their rotation for the ALDS against the Royals.
Sep 15, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Duffy hasn’t pitched since September 6 due to rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Royals manager Ned Yost wanted a strikeout, so he brought in Aaron Crow, who has the bullpen’s lowest strikeout rate.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:58 PM EST
Royals left-hander Jason Vargas underwent an appendectomy less than two weeks ago, but he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as Sunday against the Indians.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Signed to a four-year, $32 million contract this offseason that draw quite a bit of criticism, Vargas has a career-best 3.31 ERA and was on pace for a career-high 225 innings after throwing just 150 innings for the Angels last year.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EST
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Mike Trout hit a jaw-dropping 489-foot home run in the first inning of Friday’s game against the Royals.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Scott Kazmir finished last season very strong with a 2.57 ERA and 43/4 K/BB ratio in five September starts and pitched well overall for the Indians, but when it came time to cash in as a free agent teams proved skeptical about his career being back on track after he fell all the way down to independent ball.
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
For a minute, it’s 1985, and the Royals are in first place. Savor this moment.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EST
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Apr 8, 2014, 6:13 AM EST
The A’s remind me of someone. And a couple of rainouts remind me of my favorite movie ever.
Apr 2, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
But the biggest problem for the Royals wasn’t Ian Kinsler. It was Ned Yost’s bullpen management.
Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Joe Posnanski picks the Royals to win the division for the 17th consecutive season.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)