Oct 21, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
That’s the same alignment the Royals used in the ALCS, when they swept the Orioles in four games.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Royals manager Ned Yost chose Jason Vargas over James Shields to start Game 4 of the ALCS and now we know one factor that played into the decision: Shields was busy passing a kidney stone.
Oct 20, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Hudson revealed during today’s media session that the Royals actually made him a “very good offer.”
Oct 15, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
Ned Yost’s team is going to the World Series. Ned Yost’s team. Ned Yost…
Oct 15, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
They swept the 98-win Angels and they swept the 96-win Orioles.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
Four-game winning streaks happen all of the time, right?
Oct 14, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
The Royals — who hadn’t made a playoff appearance in 29 years and had to make it through the American League Wild Card Game this year — are now just one win away from advancing to the World Series.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Orioles have officially named right-hander Miguel Gonzalez their starting pitcher for Game 4 of the ALCS on Wednesday afternoon in Kansas City.
Oct 12, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
From beat writer Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star comes word that the Royals have announced Jason Vargas will be their starting pitcher for Game 4 of the ALCS on Tuesday night against the Orioles.
Oct 11, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
It will be Guthrie’s first career postseason appearance.
Oct 7, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Ventura had an ugly relief appearance in the Wild Card Game, but the 23-year-old rookie bounced back with seven innings of one-run ball against the Angels in Game 2 of the ALDS.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:32 AM EDT
The former MVP underwhelms in Game 1 versus the Royals.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EDT
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 2, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Herrera had a 1.41 ERA over 70 appearances during the regular season.
Oct 2, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
David Freese now has eight career postseason home runs.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Jason Vargas, who spent last season in the Angels’ rotation before signing with the Royals as a free agent, will start Game 1 for Kansas City.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT
The Angels have announced their rotation for the ALDS against the Royals.
Sep 15, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Duffy hasn’t pitched since September 6 due to rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Royals manager Ned Yost wanted a strikeout, so he brought in Aaron Crow, who has the bullpen’s lowest strikeout rate.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)