Mar 30, 2015, 1:07 PM EDT
Service time manipulation, the depth chart and hacktastic tendencies mean that the future is not quite here for three of the Cubs’ top prospects.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Are they ready to contend?
Mar 20, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Baez has been penciled in as the Cubs’ starting second baseman.
Mar 12, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Dare I say that Bryant looks…ready?
Mar 11, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
Cubs fans are optimistic. Not all of them cautiously so.
Mar 10, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
Soler and Bryant are both 23 years old and Baez is 22. It’s an exciting time to be a Cubs fan.
Mar 10, 2015, 5:35 PM EDT
In spring training, everything good is wonderful, everything bad is terrible.
Feb 24, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Last year’s experiment in which Ramirez was a player/coach for the Cubs’ Triple-A team was a success. Now it’s a real job.
Jan 19, 2015, 8:55 PM EDT
Cubs fans are clamoring for Kris Bryant’s arrival to the big leagues, but they might have to be patient.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Nov 11, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
The Cubs could bolster their pitching staff without signing Max Scherzer or Jon Lester.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
One of the game’s top shortstop prospects, Russell saw some time at second base in the Arizona Fall League.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
Theo Epstein has his eyes on an NL Central title in 2015. It’s a realistic aspiration.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Javier Baez hit just .169 with 95 strikeouts in 52 games as a 21-year-old rookie.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
It’s not as crazy as it may seem.
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
After homering seven times in his first 19 games Cubs rookie Javier Baez has gone deep just twice in his last 24 games while hitting .146 with 44 strikeouts.
Sep 6, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Jorge Soler made an incredible throw to second base to retire the speedy Jose Tabata in Friday’s suspended game against the Cubs.
Sep 3, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro has been diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain, which carries an expected recovery timetable of at least our weeks. In other words: His season is over.
Sep 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
It sounds like Manny is a changed man
Aug 27, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
Watch as Cubs top outfield prospect Jorge Soler goes deep to left-center field in his first major league at-bat Wednesday evening at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati …
Aug 25, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Another big piece of the Cubs’ future is on the way to the majors.
Aug 22, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
His latest, a solo shot off Orioles right-hander Kevin Gausman.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)