Feb 24, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Last year’s experiment in which Ramirez was a player/coach for the Cubs’ Triple-A team was a success. Now it’s a real job.
Jan 19, 2015, 8:55 PM EST
Cubs fans are clamoring for Kris Bryant’s arrival to the big leagues, but they might have to be patient.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Nov 11, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
The Cubs could bolster their pitching staff without signing Max Scherzer or Jon Lester.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
One of the game’s top shortstop prospects, Russell saw some time at second base in the Arizona Fall League.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:26 PM EST
Theo Epstein has his eyes on an NL Central title in 2015. It’s a realistic aspiration.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Javier Baez hit just .169 with 95 strikeouts in 52 games as a 21-year-old rookie.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
It’s not as crazy as it may seem.
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
After homering seven times in his first 19 games Cubs rookie Javier Baez has gone deep just twice in his last 24 games while hitting .146 with 44 strikeouts.
Sep 6, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
Jorge Soler made an incredible throw to second base to retire the speedy Jose Tabata in Friday’s suspended game against the Cubs.
Sep 3, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro has been diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain, which carries an expected recovery timetable of at least our weeks. In other words: His season is over.
Sep 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
It sounds like Manny is a changed man
Aug 27, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Watch as Cubs top outfield prospect Jorge Soler goes deep to left-center field in his first major league at-bat Wednesday evening at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati …
Aug 25, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Another big piece of the Cubs’ future is on the way to the majors.
Aug 22, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
His latest, a solo shot off Orioles right-hander Kevin Gausman.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)