Feb 7, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
After some consideration, Reds GM Walt Jocketty isn’t sure if Dayan Viciedo is a fit for the club.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
This year he played at Triple-A for the Angels, hitting .332 with 25 homers and a 1.017 OPS in 95 games.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:26 AM EST
Hope this doesn’t bring you down.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 AM EST
The groundwork for all that will happen this offseason begins today in Phoenix
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
They spent five months in first place. Now they’ll be home for October.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EST
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 11, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Pretty good reaction from the fan trying to catch a would-be homer, too.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Jay Bruce finished 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in Saturday’s loss to the Pirates and is now batting .217/.292/.369 with 130 strikeouts in 114 total games this season. He’s sporting a career-worst .661 OPS and it looks like he’ll finish with fewer than 20 home runs for the first time since breaking into the major leagues in 2008.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:17 PM EST
Mike Minor is on point in Cincinnati against the Reds on Friday night.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Watch as Reds outfielder Billy Hamilton pulls off a sensational double play Wednesday in St. Louis …
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 10, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
Watch as Reds right fielder Jay Bruce climbs the wall to rob Giancarlo Stanton of a home run in the top of the eighth inning Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park …
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EST
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 12, 2014, 4:14 PM EST
Reds first baseman Joey Votto has received platelet-rich plasma injections in an effort to get past his lingering quad injury.
Jul 12, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
Brandon Phillips underwent surgery yesterday to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb and now the Reds will be without one of the potential options to fill in at second base.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jul 8, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
At age 31 he’s being paid just $12 million this season, but Votto is owed another $213 million from 2015-2023.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 7, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Jay Bruce has been exclusively an outfielder in the majors and minors, playing there for each of his 1,257 professional games, but with first baseman Joey Votto on the disabled list Reds manager Bryan Price has Bruce starting at first base tonight against the Cubs.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 289
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)