Mar 2, 2015, 11:05 PM EST
Gwynn will function as insurance with Jayson Werth and Nate McLouth each rehabbing from shoulder surgery.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:15 PM EST
Bryce Harper wants to do more to help out on offense for the Nationals.
Feb 20, 2015, 8:48 AM EST
He served his time and is trying to be a better citizen. But he still doesn’t think he endangered anyone by driving 105 m.p.h. on an urban freeway.
Feb 19, 2015, 8:39 PM EST
Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth recently completed a five-day jail sentence in Fairfax County, Virginia for a reckless driving charge.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Mark August 5 down on your calendars, as that’s when the Nationals plan to give away a Jayson Werth Chia Pet.
Jan 31, 2015, 8:10 PM EST
Jayson Werth signed an inmate handbook for someone during his stay in jail in Fairfax, Virginia.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
We can, from now and forever, refer to Werth as the “The Nationals’ ex-con right fielder.”
Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 8, 2015, 4:08 PM EST
He’s expected to miss 2-3 months.
Dec 23, 2014, 4:42 PM EST
Yasiel Puig is slipping, man.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Wil Myers’ replacement in Tampa Bay?
Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“Everyone thinks you just go over to first base and kind of hide him there, but it’s a tough position.”
Dec 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
Nationals GM Mike Rizzo said Harper skipped NatsFest today due to his upcoming grievance hearing against the team.
Dec 5, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
They do NOT mess around in Fairfax County, Virginia
Oct 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports found a medical reason that explains why Hunter Pence throws the way he does.
Oct 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EST
Ryan Vogelsong pitched 5 2/3 innings of one-run ball and the Giants eked out three runs against lefty Gio Gonzalez and the Washington bullpen as San Francisco closed out the NLDS on Tuesday night with a 3-2 Game 4 victory.
Oct 7, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Watch as Hunter Pence throws his body against the tricky right field wall at San Francisco’s AT&T Park to rob Jayson Werth of an extra-base hit Tuesday night in Game 4 of the NLDS …
Oct 7, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Gio Gonzalez vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 6, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Doug Fister vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Jake Peavy vs. Stephen Strasburg.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)