Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 8, 2015, 4:08 PM EST
He’s expected to miss 2-3 months.
Dec 23, 2014, 4:42 PM EST
Yasiel Puig is slipping, man.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Wil Myers’ replacement in Tampa Bay?
Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“Everyone thinks you just go over to first base and kind of hide him there, but it’s a tough position.”
Dec 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
Nationals GM Mike Rizzo said Harper skipped NatsFest today due to his upcoming grievance hearing against the team.
Dec 5, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
They do NOT mess around in Fairfax County, Virginia
Oct 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports found a medical reason that explains why Hunter Pence throws the way he does.
Oct 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EST
Ryan Vogelsong pitched 5 2/3 innings of one-run ball and the Giants eked out three runs against lefty Gio Gonzalez and the Washington bullpen as San Francisco closed out the NLDS on Tuesday night with a 3-2 Game 4 victory.
Oct 7, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Watch as Hunter Pence throws his body against the tricky right field wall at San Francisco’s AT&T Park to rob Jayson Werth of an extra-base hit Tuesday night in Game 4 of the NLDS …
Oct 7, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Gio Gonzalez vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 6, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Doug Fister vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Jake Peavy vs. Stephen Strasburg.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EST
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bryce Harper entered August with numbers far below expectations. He’ll enter September with much better-looking stats thanks to a decent showing in August, including a spectacular finish on Sunday.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 69
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)