Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EST
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bryce Harper entered August with numbers far below expectations. He’ll enter September with much better-looking stats thanks to a decent showing in August, including a spectacular finish on Sunday.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EST
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Nationals outfield prospect Michael Taylor is expected to join the team in Atlanta tomorrow, a result of some recent injuries to the club’s outfielders.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Something’s just not adding up at the moment for a Nationals club that at times looks like the most-dominant team in the National League yet lately has been finding creative and agonizing ways to lose ballgames.
Aug 2, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Chris Guccione put on a show in ejecting Phillies starter A.J. Burnett and manager Ryne Sandberg in Saturday night’s game in Washington, D.C.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
Awful news for the Braves this evening, as right-hander Gavin Floyd fractured his elbow during a start against the Nationals.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 10, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
Don’t look now, but the Nats are poised to take control of the NL East.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Bryce Harper has not yet been cleared to catch fly balls or take swings six weeks after surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb, but Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the Nationals are hoping to have him back in the lineup by July 1.
May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Jayson Werth’s numbers are good, but not quite where they have been in previous years. Has he been unlucky?
May 17, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Juan Lagares showed the Mets why he should be the team’s everyday center fielder on Saturday afternoon.
Apr 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
David Lough and Will Venable both made fantastic catches on Sunday.
Apr 25, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
Padres right-hander Andrew Cashner played left field last night–in a game he didn’t even start–because manager Bud Black didn’t want to burn through another bench player in an extra-inning game.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EST
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EST
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Apr 12, 2014, 5:41 PM EST
Nationals outfielder Denard Span suffered a concussion when he collided with Braves second baseman Dan Uggla last night.
Apr 10, 2014, 7:06 AM EST
I saw Captain America last night. It was way better than the first few innings of the Tigers-Dodgers game.
Apr 9, 2014, 11:24 PM EST
Bryce Harper entered Wednesday’s game against the Marlins in a 4-for-25 (.160) season-opening slump, but he snapped out of it in loud fashion with this towering fourth-inning blast …
Apr 6, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
Bryce Harper went 0-for-4 in Saturday night’s 6-2 loss to the Braves and acknowledged to CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman after the game that he’s feeling “pretty lost right now, actually.” He will sit out Sunday.
Apr 4, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The Nationals’ payroll is at its limit, sitting close to $140 million, according to Nationals principal owner Mark Lerner.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)