Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Stephen Strasburg.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bryce Harper entered August with numbers far below expectations. He’ll enter September with much better-looking stats thanks to a decent showing in August, including a spectacular finish on Sunday.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Nationals outfield prospect Michael Taylor is expected to join the team in Atlanta tomorrow, a result of some recent injuries to the club’s outfielders.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Something’s just not adding up at the moment for a Nationals club that at times looks like the most-dominant team in the National League yet lately has been finding creative and agonizing ways to lose ballgames.
Aug 2, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Chris Guccione put on a show in ejecting Phillies starter A.J. Burnett and manager Ryne Sandberg in Saturday night’s game in Washington, D.C.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
Awful news for the Braves this evening, as right-hander Gavin Floyd fractured his elbow during a start against the Nationals.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 10, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Don’t look now, but the Nats are poised to take control of the NL East.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Bryce Harper has not yet been cleared to catch fly balls or take swings six weeks after surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb, but Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the Nationals are hoping to have him back in the lineup by July 1.
May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Jayson Werth’s numbers are good, but not quite where they have been in previous years. Has he been unlucky?
May 17, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Juan Lagares showed the Mets why he should be the team’s everyday center fielder on Saturday afternoon.
Apr 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
David Lough and Will Venable both made fantastic catches on Sunday.
Apr 25, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Padres right-hander Andrew Cashner played left field last night–in a game he didn’t even start–because manager Bud Black didn’t want to burn through another bench player in an extra-inning game.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)