Oct 26, 2014, 8:37 PM EST
Oscar Taveras and his girlfriend were involved in a fatal car accident Sunday afternoon in the Dominican Republic.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Royals rallied and now lead the Giants 4-1 in Game 4 of the World Series.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:44 AM EST
The rookie didn’t have control. With his pitches or with his emotions.
Oct 23, 2014, 2:25 AM EST
Petit deserves the nod over probable starter Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 PM EST
Yordano Ventura held the Giants to two runs over five-plus innings and the Kansas City offense awoke for seven runs on 10 hits as the Royals evened up the 2014 World Series at a win apiece with a 7-2 Game 2 victory on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
The host Royals have the visiting Giants right where they want them in Game 2 of the World Series.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
The middle innings haven’t been kind to the Cardinals in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
Only Mickey Mantle, Miguel Cabrera, and Andruw Jones have hit more (four) before turning 22 years old.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
He’s right, of course.
May 6, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
The Giants’ Jean Machi is on pace to go 25-0 in 86 innings.
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
Sep 15, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
At the same time the Giants have expressed interest in extending him, outfielder Hunter Pence has caught on fire at the plate. He entered this afternoon with homers in three consecutive games, and in four out of his last five. He drove in seven runs last night against the Dodgers and drove in six on…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)