Jul 30, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Carlos Correa has shortstop covered for a while.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Coors Field is powerful, but Tulowitzki is great anywhere.
Jul 21, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Lowrie has been on the disabled list since suffering a ligament tear in his right (throwing-side) thumb back in late April. That thumb injury required surgery and Lowrie was given a three-month recovery timetable …
May 6, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
Astros right fielder George Springer made a stellar catch on Tuesday night against the right-field wall at Minute Maid Park, but he looked dazed afterward and is now being placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list, per the team’s Twitter account.
Apr 28, 2015, 8:42 PM EDT
Lowrie suffered the injury while sliding into home plate in the eighth inning of Monday’s 9-4 win over the Padres and flew to Houston for an MRI on Tuesday. That exam revealed the ligament tear, which will require surgery to repair …
Apr 28, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Returning to Houston as a free agent on a three-year, $23 million contract, Lowrie is off to a very strong start.
Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
The Mets continue to be Amazin’.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
“Can you pitch, Dustin? Like, every fifth day? I’m serious.”
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Mar 23, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Are the Astros ready to contend?
Jan 17, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
The Astros haven’t had a winning record since they went 86-75 in 2008.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EDT
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Some trade candidates include Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians, Casey McGehee of the Marlins, and Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox.
Dec 15, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
The Astros have a new shortstop.
Dec 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Drew had a miserable 2014 season, but his track record is solid.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EDT
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Dec 8, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports says the A’s front office has been eyeing White Sox infielder Marcus Semien, who could take over at shortstop next year in Oakland with Jed Lowrie departing as a free agent. Multiple prospects would also be headed the A’s way.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Two offseasons ago the Astros traded Jed Lowrie to the A’s for Chris Carter, Brad Peacock, and Max Stassi.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Josh Donaldson trade puzzled his now ex-teammate Josh Reddick.
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Nov 2, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
Jed Lowrie isn’t expected to get a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Athletics.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 82
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)