Nov 11, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Nov 2, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Jed Lowrie isn’t expected to get a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Athletics.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 28, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Peacock, who was acquired from the A’s as part of the Jed Lowrie/Chris Carter trade in February of 2013, has a 4.90 ERA in 215 innings for the Astros through age 26.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:54 AM EST
Many, many teams would’ve lined up to sign Hardy if the Orioles didn’t lock him up.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EST
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The only thing more painful than hitting rock bottom is thinking you’ve hit it, only to find out there’s still more room to sink.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
The slumping Athletics appeared to be well on their way to another loss, but put together a three-run ninth inning to work off victors against the Astros on Saturday.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The hourglass is running low on this team.
Aug 30, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
The A’s are calling him day-to-day.
Aug 25, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Depth has been a major key to the A’s success this year, and it’s going to play a huge factor over the final five weeks of the regular season.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
The teams matchup on paper. But baseball isn’t played on paper. If it was, anyone could do it.
Aug 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Athletics have claimed Rays shortstop Yunel Escobar off revocable waivers. The two teams have until 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday to work out a trade.
Aug 14, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
He’d been healthy this season until the finger injury, but his production has slipped to a .238 batting average and .671 OPS with free agency right around the corner this winter.
Aug 12, 2014, 7:58 PM EST
A’s shortstop Jed Lowrie was initially diagnosed with a bruise after taking a hard grounder off his right index finger last week, but Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that an MRI taken Tuesday afternoon revealed a hairline fracture.
Aug 2, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Nick Punto strained his right hamstring running the bases on Saturday afternoon and will go on the disabled list as a result.
Jul 6, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The umpires appeared to miss a call on Saturday night when the Blue Jays took on the Athletics, and they appeared to compound the problem by upholding their incorrect call after replay review. Jose Bautista wasn’t happy about it.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Billy Beane gets a jump on the trade market by parting with Addison Russell, Billy McKinney.
Jul 2, 2014, 7:46 PM EST
It had been almost 25 years since a pitcher had thrown a shutout without walking anyone or striking out anyone. Then Rick Porcello did it and showed what the game could look like.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The A’s reached the halfway mark of their season Sunday, and it’s tough to find too much fault with what took place over the first 81 games.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)