Jan 17, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
The Astros haven’t had a winning record since they went 86-75 in 2008.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Some trade candidates include Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians, Casey McGehee of the Marlins, and Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox.
Dec 15, 2014, 3:22 PM EST
The Astros have a new shortstop.
Dec 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Drew had a miserable 2014 season, but his track record is solid.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EST
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Dec 8, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports says the A’s front office has been eyeing White Sox infielder Marcus Semien, who could take over at shortstop next year in Oakland with Jed Lowrie departing as a free agent. Multiple prospects would also be headed the A’s way.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Two offseasons ago the Astros traded Jed Lowrie to the A’s for Chris Carter, Brad Peacock, and Max Stassi.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
The Josh Donaldson trade puzzled his now ex-teammate Josh Reddick.
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Nov 2, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Jed Lowrie isn’t expected to get a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Athletics.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 28, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Peacock, who was acquired from the A’s as part of the Jed Lowrie/Chris Carter trade in February of 2013, has a 4.90 ERA in 215 innings for the Astros through age 26.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:54 AM EST
Many, many teams would’ve lined up to sign Hardy if the Orioles didn’t lock him up.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EST
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The only thing more painful than hitting rock bottom is thinking you’ve hit it, only to find out there’s still more room to sink.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
The slumping Athletics appeared to be well on their way to another loss, but put together a three-run ninth inning to work off victors against the Astros on Saturday.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The hourglass is running low on this team.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (142)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)