Jan 11, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
From Matt Eddy at Baseball America comes word that the Red Sox have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with infielder Jeff Bianchi.
May 11, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Aramis Ramirez was lifted from the Brewers’ game Saturday against the Yankees after straining his left hamstring while ranging for a groundball on the infield and will be placed on the 15-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s series-opener versus the Pirates.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Ryan Braun is really embracing his role as villain.
Aug 5, 2013, 5:00 AM EDT
I went to Detroit over the weekend where I took in Saturday and Sunday’s Tigers-White Sox games. Such a wonderful time. Cool temperatures, no humidity, good company, good pitching, good food, good beer. It’s really all you could want. As I watched these games and hung around a city that, no matter what else you…
Mar 2, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez left Saturday’s Cactus League game against the Angels because of a left knee strain. Ramirez suffered the injury while hustling to second base on a bloop double down the left field line. It was his first hit so far in this year’s Cactus…
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)