May 11, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Aramis Ramirez was lifted from the Brewers’ game Saturday against the Yankees after straining his left hamstring while ranging for a groundball on the infield and will be placed on the 15-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s series-opener versus the Pirates.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Ryan Braun is really embracing his role as villain.
Aug 5, 2013, 5:00 AM EDT
I went to Detroit over the weekend where I took in Saturday and Sunday’s Tigers-White Sox games. Such a wonderful time. Cool temperatures, no humidity, good company, good pitching, good food, good beer. It’s really all you could want. As I watched these games and hung around a city that, no matter what else you…
Mar 2, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez left Saturday’s Cactus League game against the Angels because of a left knee strain. Ramirez suffered the injury while hustling to second base on a bloop double down the left field line. It was his first hit so far in this year’s Cactus…
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39