Jan 11, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
From Matt Eddy at Baseball America comes word that the Red Sox have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with infielder Jeff Bianchi.
May 11, 2014, 2:33 PM EST
Aramis Ramirez was lifted from the Brewers’ game Saturday against the Yankees after straining his left hamstring while ranging for a groundball on the infield and will be placed on the 15-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s series-opener versus the Pirates.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Ryan Braun is really embracing his role as villain.
Aug 5, 2013, 5:00 AM EST
I went to Detroit over the weekend where I took in Saturday and Sunday’s Tigers-White Sox games. Such a wonderful time. Cool temperatures, no humidity, good company, good pitching, good food, good beer. It’s really all you could want. As I watched these games and hung around a city that, no matter what else you…
Mar 2, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez left Saturday’s Cactus League game against the Angels because of a left knee strain. Ramirez suffered the injury while hustling to second base on a bloop double down the left field line. It was his first hit so far in this year’s Cactus…
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 45
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)