Feb 23, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Baseball-Reference.com doesn’t list player minutes because that would be silly. But the Pirates are thinking, in their own way, about such things.
Feb 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
But the good news is that he doesn’t really have to be.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija wants to see “how it is” with the White Sox for half a season, but might consider a contract extension before the 2015 season is over.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
According to a report, the Cubs are on the verge of acquiring Dexter Fowler from the Astros.
Jan 16, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
The White Sox and Jeff Samardzija avoided an arbitration hearing, agreeing on a $9.8 million salary for the 2015 season.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Padres continue to overhaul their lineup while the A’s continue to unload.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija, former Cubs starter and recent White Sox trade acquisition, was welcomed back to the Windy City prior to Tuesday night’s NHL game between the Chicago Blackhawks and visiting Minnesota Wild …
Dec 14, 2014, 12:26 AM EST
Melky Cabrera is headed to the White Sox on a three-year deal, pending a physical.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox and Diamondbacks have agreed to a trade that will send left-handed starter Wade Miley to Boston for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:17 PM EST
Samardzija has one season remaining until free agency.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EST
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Dec 9, 2014, 12:42 AM EST
As first reported by USA Today’s Bob Nightengale, the White Sox have agreed to terms on a four-year pact with free agent reliever David Robertson. CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman says it’s worth $46 million.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:43 PM EST
The Yankees just made a big commitment to a free agent reliever, signing left-hander Andrew Miller last Friday to a four-year, $36 million contract. But they’re not done addressing the back end of their bullpen.
Dec 8, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports says the A’s front office has been eyeing White Sox infielder Marcus Semien, who could take over at shortstop next year in Oakland with Jed Lowrie departing as a free agent. Multiple prospects would also be headed the A’s way.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
They get to keep the prospects received from the A’s, too.
Dec 8, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Samardzija returning to Chicago?
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EST
The Cubs are reportedly close to a deal with free agent pitcher Jason Hammel.
Nov 30, 2014, 9:59 AM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox are among the teams with interest in acquiring starter Jeff Samardzija from the A’s.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
The Athletics are reportedly close to getting three or four players back in a trade involving starter Jeff Samardzija.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)