Apr 21, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
The future is now in Chicago.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 10, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Starlin Castro rumors to start up again – if that trade speculation ever even stopped.
Apr 6, 2015, 11:29 PM EDT
Things got a little tense in Monday’s Opening Day matchup between the White Sox and Royals.
Mar 30, 2015, 1:07 PM EDT
Service time manipulation, the depth chart and hacktastic tendencies mean that the future is not quite here for three of the Cubs’ top prospects.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
It doesn’t seem like the Nationals and Jordan Zimmermann will reach an agreement on a contract extension before the regular season begins.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Should we be taking the rebuilt White Sox seriously as contenders?
Mar 26, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Are they ready to contend?
Mar 25, 2015, 10:28 PM EDT
Chris Sale would have been Chicago’s Opening Day starter, but he’s expected to miss the first week of the season due to an avulsion fracture in his right foot.
Mar 23, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Brandon Phillips says the focus on on-base percentage is “messing up baseball.”
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 11, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija seems like the leading candidate to take the Opening Day assignment in Sale’s place.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:34 AM EDT
Please make a note of it in whatever log or journal you happen to be keeping.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
Sale suffered the injury unloading something off the back of his truck on Friday.
Feb 23, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Baseball-Reference.com doesn’t list player minutes because that would be silly. But the Pirates are thinking, in their own way, about such things.
Feb 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
But the good news is that he doesn’t really have to be.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija wants to see “how it is” with the White Sox for half a season, but might consider a contract extension before the 2015 season is over.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
According to a report, the Cubs are on the verge of acquiring Dexter Fowler from the Astros.
Jan 16, 2015, 6:34 PM EDT
The White Sox and Jeff Samardzija avoided an arbitration hearing, agreeing on a $9.8 million salary for the 2015 season.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EDT
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Padres continue to overhaul their lineup while the A’s continue to unload.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija, former Cubs starter and recent White Sox trade acquisition, was welcomed back to the Windy City prior to Tuesday night’s NHL game between the Chicago Blackhawks and visiting Minnesota Wild …
Dec 14, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
Melky Cabrera is headed to the White Sox on a three-year deal, pending a physical.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 17
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 59
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)